• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

greetings

A

astyanax

Hi everyone, I'm a 39 yo male, from Australia, and had a nervous breakdown late last year after many years of self-imposed demands and denial that I had problems. I have subsequently been diagnosed with OCPD and have in the past nine months learned what it's like to have clinical depression, panic attacks, agoraphobia and mind-crushing anxiety. Essentially, I have OCD, but with the emphasis on perfectionism and performance etc, the over-systematised personality, which, it seems, has destroyed my promising academic career (I was a postgrad uni student) and each and every day threatens to wreck many of the other aspects of my life which I so enjoy. OCPD is, I guess, rarer than OCD, however this is mainly because it is very hard to detect, easy to deny and hide, which I realise now I was doing for years, all the time telling myself that it wasn't something I couldn't handle in private, which was what ultimately brought me down.

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

:welcome: fella.

I tried to handle ( or in my case run and ignore ) my problems by myself too, doesn't work does it lol.

This place is full of really nice and helpful people.
Hope its as useful to you as it is for me, its been a real eye opener for me been able to talk with like minded folks.

Look forward to seeing you round the forum :tea:

S

*Sapphire*

Hi

And :welcome: to the forum.
There is a wealth of knowledge, support and experience to be found here! :)

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

hello,i hope you injoy your stay ;)

S

Soren

hi friend, i had my academic ambitions stuffed too.

i hope you get back on track or else find a new and better one. take care. soren.

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.