• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Greetings!

C

CultureVulture

Hi,

I hope that your day is going well and that you are enjoying this holiday season...

I am a paranoid schizophrenic. I was diagnosed about five years ago. I’ve been hospitalized almost 10 times. The last time I spend time in a mental hospital was about year ago. I have a therapist, a psychologist and I am prescribed medication.

I live on my own but I struggle to keep jobs. I was recently fired from a job; again. This is third time I have been fired this year. I do not have stability in my life. I am hurting. I don’t have close friends and I’m developing some substance abuse problems.

I need support.

Thank you,

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello culturevulture and welcome to the forums. There are a number of users on the site that share your diagnosis so you are in good company. It sounds really difficult what you have been struggling with. Have you tried applying for disability before? We are happy to have you with us. Xo, j

C

CultureVulture

GM, J, FYI, I am not very technically savvy. Don’t expect too much in terms of my computer etiquette.

Absolutely, I was on disability for about a year. I received about 700/mo. I found a job but I did not tell report this to the disability office.

I was making 11/hr and this was not a money grab.

They say I owe them money now because I was making “substantial gains” while I was receiving my disability payments.

they may, or may not allow me additional benefits at this time.

W

whitefossil

Hi! I'm new to the forum too.

I'm sorry about your work. I know it's tough to look for a job especially now since most of the available job in the market are either online and in-person which can still be scary for some people.

Please keep your chin up and fight on. Cheers!

C

CultureVulture

I have interpersonal problems and I lack “enough” communication sometimes. Honestly, I could work in-person or online but that’s not easy enough for me so, now, yes I am considering disability.
Hi! I'm new to the forum too.

I'm sorry about your work. I know it's tough to look for a job especially now since most of the available job in the market are either online and in-person which can still be scary for some people.

Please keep your chin up and fight on. Cheers!

C

CultureVulture

Still out of work going on disability to whom this may concern.

soul searching

soul searching

Welcome CultureVulture and Whitefossil! I'm a paranoid schizophrenic and I used to drink to much. This forum has helped me a lot.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :welcome: