• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Greetings!

M

MrMister

I was diagnosed in early 2015 with paranoid schizophrenia (DSM-IV) which is the active diagnosis in my medical records in the section diagnosis after being suspected of BPD... I was not diagnosed with Schizophrenia following the DSM-V (It is only written in past psychiatric history section as "Historical diagnosis of possible schizophrenia. Due to when they wanted to update my diagnosis but I do not fit the criteria referring to DSM-V) I found myself in a situation which I actually had reason to disagree with being treated for schizophrenia...

So I use my right of second opinion and requested a reassessment which conclude that there have been no observation or signs that I would be suffering from schizophrenia but I would have a ADHD though.

As in date of today I am confused as to know if the diagnostic of paranoid schizophrenia should still be written in the records... Since the DSM-V was released in 2013 I wonder if actually it was appropriate to use the DSM-IV to pronounce a new diagnostic on a patient using the DSM-IV when the DSM-V was released. I am telling myself that the doctor should have refer to DSM-V in 2015 and maybe I would think that I should not have been diagnosed with it.

I am actually in the process to or intend to reinforce my assessment that indicate that I do not suffer of any form of schizophrenia and I tried to Google and find exactly what is the validity of the diagnosis they keep writting in my records (paranoid schizophrenia)

Also I was wondering how long this diagnostic will be valid and when they will not be able to write it down in my records anymore as active diagnostic. The psychiatrist that assess me said that I have spent quite a few years on the wrong medication and it made me sick to get a criminal record that I now can appeal because he says that I was not criminally responsible. The incident was actually the description of the symptoms of taking the wrong medication.

I was told that I have to be treated with stimulant when for years they gave me either atypical anti psychotic or sedative anti psychotic as when I was criminally charged for "threat against a police officer" following that he brutalized me (He smashed my head on a brick wall, threw me on the ground on my back and crushed my testicles with his knee using the weight of his body) and he did that because I told him to mind his own business. What happened is it was an officer wearing civilian clothes and driving a civilian car and he did not identify himself as a police officer. They arrested me and sent me in jail and because of that social security has stopped paying even if I was released after 3 nights in jail for the court process (justice of peace) so at the end I found myself homeless a while because I have lost my apartment and all my belonging.

I was recognized guilty simply because at the hearing it was after quite a while on the street and I was tired, I gave up on my defense and pleaded guilty and stayed quiet for years about all.

At this moment I am about to finally clean up that mess!

I would like to share nice things and happy stuff but seriously my history has been only to get more tired every day. They for quite of few years gave me a significant dose of sedative anti psychotic and it mostly just put to sleep with presence of outburst and difficulty or incapability of controlling my verbal expression.

I have made a child with a woman that has been identified as abusing me and she tried a lot of persecution against, she proceeded to a lot of defamation and discrediation using my diagnosis of paranoid shizophrenia to obtain from authorities such as the local police force to slowly start to defame and discredit or discriminate me as well. She used threats to force me hospitalized and doctors they said to leave her but I was not... She is at this time refusing me access to my child because I refused to comply to an abusive control of parenting which now I got in court.... She tells everybody that I am delusional/psychotic even if I explained to her (doctors as well) that I do not. I have been hospitalized about 10 times and it has never been even mention that I would have the delusion criteria for psychosis. I actually have quite a few years, about 12 of medical records in psychiatry stating that I got no sign or symptoms of any psychotic problem.

I believe she used her defamation to bring the police force to shut down an investigation that I complained/reported when her father abducted my child at the daycare after if I removed to the daycare the authorization to release the child to him with legal transfer of care which is sanctioned by section 280 and 281 of the canadian criminal code. And then I tried to reach him as he was in parking lot but he tried to drive over me with his truck so I had jump on it and then they used that in court to obtain restraining provision against me with a court order saying that I was schizophrenic and that I was snapping claiming that I tried to high jack the truck... It took 6 months to have the order revoked after review.

I told the police and they just did not do anything, not even any verification at the daycare that themselves called the incident a kidnapping. I pressented myself to the police station (RCMP) to officially request to fill a complaint for the crimes made against me and my child but they just me home. During the incident I was being defame, instead of listening to what I was saying I was interrogated about my mental health such as if I take my meds or see my doctor and a police officer wanted to send me in a psych ward. She accused me to be quite looking delusional. The corporal showed up and just told everyone to go home and they have let the abductor go.... Even after I claimed a crime has been committed against my child and against my person.

I know many understand the defamation or the discreditation when mental health diagnosis.....

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I was diagnosed in early 2015 with paranoid schizophrenia (DSM-IV) which is the active diagnosis in my medical records in the section diagnosis after being suspected of BPD... I was not diagnosed with Schizophrenia following the DSM-V (It is only written in past psychiatric history section as "Historical diagnosis of possible schizophrenia. Due to when they wanted to update my diagnosis but I do not fit the criteria referring to DSM-V) I found myself in a situation which I actually had reason to disagree with being treated for schizophrenia...

So I use my right of second opinion and requested a reassessment which conclude that there have been no observation or signs that I would be suffering from schizophrenia but I would have a ADHD though.

As in date of today I am confused as to know if the diagnostic of paranoid schizophrenia should still be written in the records... Since the DSM-V was released in 2013 I wonder if actually it was appropriate to use the DSM-IV to pronounce a new diagnostic on a patient using the DSM-IV when the DSM-V was released. I am telling myself that the doctor should have refer to DSM-V in 2015 and maybe I would think that I should not have been diagnosed with it.

I am actually in the process to or intend to reinforce my assessment that indicate that I do not suffer of any form of schizophrenia and I tried to Google and find exactly what is the validity of the diagnosis they keep writting in my records (paranoid schizophrenia)

Also I was wondering how long this diagnostic will be valid and when they will not be able to write it down in my records anymore as active diagnostic. The psychiatrist that assess me said that I have spent quite a few years on the wrong medication and it made me sick to get a criminal record that I now can appeal because he says that I was not criminally responsible. The incident was actually the description of the symptoms of taking the wrong medication.

I was told that I have to be treated with stimulant when for years they gave me either atypical anti psychotic or sedative anti psychotic as when I was criminally charged for "threat against a police officer" following that he brutalized me (He smashed my head on a brick wall, threw me on the ground on my back and crushed my testicles with his knee using the weight of his body) and he did that because I told him to mind his own business. What happened is it was an officer wearing civilian clothes and driving a civilian car and he did not identify himself as a police officer. They arrested me and sent me in jail and because of that social security has stopped paying even if I was released after 3 nights in jail for the court process (justice of peace) so at the end I found myself homeless a while because I have lost my apartment and all my belonging.

I was recognized guilty simply because at the hearing it was after quite a while on the street and I was tired, I gave up on my defense and pleaded guilty and stayed quiet for years about all.

At this moment I am about to finally clean up that mess!

I would like to share nice things and happy stuff but seriously my history has been only to get more tired every day. They for quite of few years gave me a significant dose of sedative anti psychotic and it mostly just put to sleep with presence of outburst and difficulty or incapability of controlling my verbal expression.

I have made a child with a woman that has been identified as abusing me and she tried a lot of persecution against, she proceeded to a lot of defamation and discrediation using my diagnosis of paranoid shizophrenia to obtain from authorities such as the local police force to slowly start to defame and discredit or discriminate me as well. She used threats to force me hospitalized and doctors they said to leave her but I was not... She is at this time refusing me access to my child because I refused to comply to an abusive control of parenting which now I got in court.... She tells everybody that I am delusional/psychotic even if I explained to her (doctors as well) that I do not. I have been hospitalized about 10 times and it has never been even mention that I would have the delusion criteria for psychosis. I actually have quite a few years, about 12 of medical records in psychiatry stating that I got no sign or symptoms of any psychotic problem.

I believe she used her defamation to bring the police force to shut down an investigation that I complained/reported when her father abducted my child at the daycare after if I removed to the daycare the authorization to release the child to him with legal transfer of care which is sanctioned by section 280 and 281 of the canadian criminal code. And then I tried to reach him as he was in parking lot but he tried to drive over me with his truck so I had jump on it and then they used that in court to obtain restraining provision against me with a court order saying that I was schizophrenic and that I was snapping claiming that I tried to high jack the truck... It took 6 months to have the order revoked after review.

I told the police and they just did not do anything, not even any verification at the daycare that themselves called the incident a kidnapping. I pressented myself to the police station (RCMP) to officially request to fill a complaint for the crimes made against me and my child but they just me home. During the incident I was being defame, instead of listening to what I was saying I was interrogated about my mental health such as if I take my meds or see my doctor and a police officer wanted to send me in a psych ward. She accused me to be quite looking delusional. The corporal showed up and just told everyone to go home and they have let the abductor go.... Even after I claimed a crime has been committed against my child and against my person.

I know many understand the defamation or the discreditation when mental health diagnosis.....
There is no running away from a schizophrenia diagnosis. And ive been there with the police. I have various fines but its alsays breach of the peace. I got another 300 quid fine rhe orher day for fighting. Also have 2 girls who i cant get near cause their mum says im to wild and a bad influence. A step back and self assesment of your life will sort you out my friend. I hide away now as much as i can. Its a shit life when your ilness runs your life but hey ho just go wirh it man

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Welcome here! Happy you don't have schizophrenia! Enjoy to forum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Introduce Yourself 4
T Introduce Yourself 6
Beauty in Darkness Introduce Yourself 14
Pearlriverbridge Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 2