• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Greetings

A little about myself...

I'll be 33yr old on the third of Aug. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 when I was 17yr old and PTSD, Anxiety, and depression followed. Over the years I have seen a few councilors but I end up not going back after about a month or so. I don't have anyone else to talk to about what I'm going through. I've been judged by many people, including family these past few years. They say I can talk to them about anything but it always blows up in my face when I speak from my heart...so...I joined this site because I feel that this community is better able to understand and encourage me rather than make me feel bad for the way I feel.

Z

Zoe1

hi Beauty :welcome:

I think you found the right place !

:grouphug:🎼🌳🎨🐢

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. I too have bipolar and fully understand depression. I hope that you find us helpful for you. I also have trouble with my family.

Keesha

Keesha

Welcome to the forum.
You are amongst friends.
94A24BCB-DAC9-42A3-831B-7DB615231D43.jpeg

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Welcome, I've done the same thing with therapy. I'm giving it another try now. This therapist seems different. I've been told you gotta find one you really feel comfortable with, I've been through a few.

Welcome, I've done the same thing with therapy. I'm giving it another try now. This therapist seems different. I've been told you gotta find one you really feel comfortable with, I've been through a few.
Hello Lavender,

I had a wonderful therapist for about a year and a half (years ago) but he was sent to a different department. After that, it's never been the same. No one has ever made any progress with me like he has. I cried and cried when he told me he wouldn't be with me anymore...

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Hello Lavender,

I had a wonderful therapist for about a year and a half (years ago) but he was sent to a different department. After that, it's never been the same. No one has ever made any progress with me like he has. I cried and cried when he told me he wouldn't be with me anymore...
I'm sorry, maybe one day you will find someone again. Did he ever recommend anyone to you? I've never been able to fully commit to the process and end up making up or finding some excuse to never go back. So I've never developed any attachment to any of them.

I'm sorry, maybe one day you will find someone again. Did he ever recommend anyone to you? I've never been able to fully commit to the process and end up making up or finding some excuse to never go back. So I've never developed any attachment to any of them.
Lavender,

A lady took over for him. I was really angry after my first visit with her. I felt no connection with her plus, I was angry that I had to start all over again with someone new. She was asking the same questions I've heard and that I have answered time and time again. I believe I saw her 3 times before I stopped going.

I hope that you will someday find a therapist you can connect with at some level. I found it to be more comforting when there is a sense of trust and understanding, empathy, and all that.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Lavender,

A lady took over for him. I was really angry after my first visit with her. I felt no connection with her plus, I was angry that I had to start all over again with someone new. She was asking the same questions I've heard and that I have answered time and time again. I believe I saw her 3 times before I stopped going.

I hope that you will someday find a therapist you can connect with at some level. I found it to be more comforting when there is a sense of trust and understanding, empathy, and all that.
Yeah I can understand that not feeling trust towards them. I think I quit going a few times because I felt no one understood me and it frustrated me. I have someone in going to now and I'm more committed to the process this time. I'm not sure I have a great trust or anything yet but it still very new so I'm trying to be hopeful for the future. She very nice and doesn't push me. I hate answering the same questions over and over again. I need a stamp so I can just stamp a paper for them with all the answers.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Popping in to say hi, welcome and hope you’ll love it here as much as I do.

N

natalie

Hi Beauty,

Although I am not classified as Bipolar, I am more szchiphrenia end, of the range, howeve,r i can sympathise, that at times, I have parental problems, that when I try to explain, how I would have been unwell, whereby, that I am very well normally on 25ml, of Abilify, unless, I have external triggers, triggering me off, and try to explain that 25ml that Abilify at 25ml is far the best dose, it's a hell of a job, to try to put pointers across in a expressive, way, not hing to do with my speech difficulties, by the way.

Greetings back, welcome aboard, this is a very supportive , friendly and welcoming forum site for advice, advising, and support any trick tips along the way,.

I'm Natalie and I am usually located at a various forum sections within mental health forum, initally I mainly function in Szchioaffective/szchiophrenia forums, and also Wellbeing. I will often jump into a sect i on, of MHF if i feel I can help in some form.

Have hopefully and all being well, a good weekend.

Best Wishes.

Hi Beauty,

Although I am not classified as Bipolar, I am more szchiphrenia end, of the range, howeve,r i can sympathise, that at times, I have parental problems, that when I try to explain, how I would have been unwell, whereby, that I am very well normally on 25ml, of Abilify, unless, I have external triggers, triggering me off, and try to explain that 25ml that Abilify at 25ml is far the best dose, it's a hell of a job, to try to put pointers across in a expressive, way, not hing to do with my speech difficulties, by the way.

Greetings back, welcome aboard, this is a very supportive , friendly and welcoming forum site for advice, advising, and support any trick tips along the way,.

I'm Natalie and I am usually located at a various forum sections within mental health forum, initally I mainly function in Szchioaffective/szchiophrenia forums, and also Wellbeing. I will often jump into a sect i on, of MHF if i feel I can help in some form.

Have hopefully and all being well, a good weekend.

Best Wishes.
I am glad that Abilify is working for you. I tried Abilify years ago but it didn't work for me so I stopped taking it after about a month or two. I am currently taking Lamictal and it works great for me these last 6 years.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome Beauty...I am Bipolar 1 also if you ever want to talk...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Introduce Yourself 4
T Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 3
Pearlriverbridge Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 2