• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Greetings

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Hi I'm Tamziie I have suffered with mental health all my life I got diagnosed last year an It has helped so much

Catty5

Catty5

Hello :welcome:
Please share your experiences with us.
Hope you find support and help here:loveshower:

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Thankyou catty. Well my experience of mental health was that last year I was let down by the mental health team let down by the police let down by my local hospitals. Nobody would help me an my mental health led me to homelessness as the mental health team would not assess me and save me from homelessness. I was homeless and didn't sleep for a week in and out of cells police just arrested me continuously didn't help me at all. Social services where the ones who finally took me on an got me accomodation an the supported housing got me to a mental health team an went from there. A year on an I have successfully gained PIP more importantly a diagnosis an things are turning in the right direction

Catty5

Catty5

Thankyou catty. Well my experience of mental health was that last year I was let down by the mental health team let down by the police let down by my local hospitals. Nobody would help me an my mental health led me to homelessness as the mental health team would not assess me and save me from homelessness. I was homeless and didn't sleep for a week in and out of cells police just arrested me continuously didn't help me at all. Social services where the ones who finally took me on an got me accomodation an the supported housing got me to a mental health team an went from there. A year on an I have successfully gained PIP more importantly a diagnosis an things are turning in the right direction
Hi
I hope this forum will be helpful for you. I found some forum friends who have been helping me a lot in this difficult time for me.

I know many young people are on the street without getting appropriate mental health care. It destroys their lives. But it sounds wonderful to hear social services saved you and helped you get the mental health care👍

I’m so glad to hear that since i’ve been working in a mental health care system in the US many years (off work due to depression😭).

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Welcome. Glad things have taken a turning point ! Hope you can find support here.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

I'm not gonna lie a lot of homeless are fakes OR they prefer to be homeless because it's cheaper. Many who beg on streets have somewhere to sleep at night like a friend's flat an they are scammers an should not beg. An some who live on streets in tents do it cause it's cheaper no water bills an rest of it. But for the homeless who don't want to be homeless an truly want the help they do get it here in the UK anyway

Catty5

Catty5

I'm not gonna lie a lot of homeless are fakes OR they prefer to be homeless because it's cheaper. Many who beg on streets have somewhere to sleep at night like a friend's flat an they are scammers an should not beg. An some who live on streets in tents do it cause it's cheaper no water bills an rest of it. But for the homeless who don't want to be homeless an truly want the help they do get it here in the UK anyway
Yeah i know reality here in our state so well. I felt hopeless and helpless while working at clinical settings...we cannot help everybody. It’s a harsh reality.
And it’s good for you to get a diagnosis to get appropriate help. I diagnosed so many people for them to get help.

K

Keesha

Welcome Tamziie93
Yayyy for social services. I’m glad you got the right help you needed.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Welcome to the forums Tamziie, we're very pleased to have you here sharing your experiences with us.

I'm not far from Rotherham myself and usually head into town around three times a week, small world.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Welcome Tamziie93
Yayyy for social services. I’m glad you got the right help you needed.

Yes I did love social services saved my bacon I understand not everyone likes them because they have removed children but they reunited me with my son an have promised to get me everything back :)

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Welcome to the forums Tamziie, we're very pleased to have you here sharing your experiences with us.

I'm not far from Rotherham myself and usually head into town around three times a week, small world.
Hi love if you ever notice me walking about town just say hi I'm very friendly :) x

K

Keesha

Yes I did love social services saved my bacon I understand not everyone likes them because they have removed children but they reunited me with my son an have promised to get me everything back :)
This is great news. I have only had to count on social services once and they were great. Helping you get back on your feet so you can be the mom you want to be to your son is awesome. Well done you. 👍Thats so inspiring. 🥰