Greetings

A

aquapowered

Hello, I am trying out this forum. I used to use a few for fun, now I am just checking this out because I have an appointment this Thursday. I am a veteran of the US military, but was not born here. I am partially disabled with a psychological diagnosis, but on the plus side, I do get benefits.

Most people will not want to talk about this stuff in person. I feel like I have my life together, but I do experience some annoying stuff. I actually find it hard to tell even social workers or similar professionals that I feel like I can hear other people's thoughts, like maybe telepathy. I actually do not enjoy it at all, I find it interfering with my sleep. I have tried using some medication, but the side effects sometimes are worse. Some days I do not hear anything, which is how I've been for most of my life. My life is going alright though, I am starting grad school this fall, and moving to New York. I actually do not feel like anything is wrong with me per say, but there are many sociologists out there who've said society as whole is slightly neurotic, but universally people do not admit that.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @aquapowered and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your hardship and struggle. Thanks for your service and much appreciation to your sacrifices.

Good to hear that you are starting grad School.

I hope everything goes well for you and good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 4
T Introduce Yourself 3
L Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 3