• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Greetings - my anxiety made a great come back!

K

Kindsoul7

Hello everyone,

I've been having major panic attacks lately. I've struggled with anxiety since my teens. I've managed to kind of control it and learnt how to cope with it over the years.
However, it's been a very difficult year and let's face it, I'm falling apart again.
I've had crazy symptoms and I'm unable to sleep - keep waking up gasping for air every 2 seconds.
I think ill have to start a therapy again to improve my state.

Reading all these posts on this forum really helps me calm down. It's always reassuring to see that other people are experiencing the very same things.

I'd love to connect with people here and have a chat from time to time as even though my friends are nice, they don't understand what's going on, which makes me feel quite lonely. Keeping it all inside is never a good thing, and that's why I've decided to finally write a few words here anc hopefully this will also help other people in return.
Really looking forward to hearing back from you :)
Thanks for reading this x

Tallmadwoman

Tallmadwoman

Im new too an ur not alone...anxiety is no joke...ive lost 5 stone in weight thro a long spell of anxiety...nothing helps it except benzos an who wants them!!!! Nice to meet you tho x

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Kindsoul (love the name) welcome to the forum :welcome:

L

LizzieAndTito

Hello everyone,

I've been having major panic attacks lately. I've struggled with anxiety since my teens. I've managed to kind of control it and learnt how to cope with it over the years.
However, it's been a very difficult year and let's face it, I'm falling apart again.
I've had crazy symptoms and I'm unable to sleep - keep waking up gasping for air every 2 seconds.

Reading all these posts on this forum really helps me calm down. It's always reassuring to see that other people are experiencing the very same things.

I'd love to connect with people here and have a chat from time to time as even though my friends are nice, they don't understand what's going on, which makes me feel quite lonely. Keeping it all inside is never a good thing, and that's why I've decided to finally write a few words here anc hopefully this will also help other people in return.
Hi! I'm new here and also struggling with anxiety. I am in therapy. It's a long process that I'm doing my best to trust. I know it'll take some time but I know I made the right decision. Definitely go for it! I'd love to have a chat too, it feels good to know that there's people out there that can understand what I'm going through. It kind of gives some hope back, especially because I've been feeling quite isolated. Other than my therapist, I too have talked to friends, but I never get the feeling that I've managed to let it all out, that I'm understood. Plus, as I'm an expat in Vienna, Austria, and as I moved here just before covid hit, I haven't had the chance to make new friends, to have someone to rely on. All the people I know and love are so far from me and I often don't want to burden them with my problems. Feel free to reach out whenever you feel like.

Lizzie

K

Kindsoul7

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your warm welcome :) I definitely feel like we can help and support each other throughout this 'stressful' journey. I have lots of ups and downs lately and it's hard to remain optimistic sometimes. But being around comforting and non judgemental people certainly helps! ☺☺☺

K

Kindsoul7

Hi! I'm new here and also struggling with anxiety. I am in therapy. It's a long process that I'm doing my best to trust. I know it'll take some time but I know I made the right decision. Definitely go for it! I'd love to have a chat too, it feels good to know that there's people out there that can understand what I'm going through. It kind of gives some hope back, especially because I've been feeling quite isolated. Other than my therapist, I too have talked to friends, but I never get the feeling that I've managed to let it all out, that I'm understood. Plus, as I'm an expat in Vienna, Austria, and as I moved here just before covid hit, I haven't had the chance to make new friends, to have someone to rely on. All the people I know and love are so far from me and I often don't want to burden them with my problems. Feel free to reach out whenever you feel like.

Lizzie
Hey Lizzie,

Thanks so much for replying and sharing a bit of your story with me.
I can totally relate to you: I'm an expat too and most of my friends left or live abroad.
I also feel like I'm a burden to my friends back home and I sometimes go silent for weeks as I'm sick and tired of telling ever how bad I'm feeling. Plus, it's so normal to them that they don't really pay attention to my distress anymore...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Have you seen a doctor? This might be sleep apnea.

W

wordypuzzler

Hello everyone,

Hi you’re not alone, suffer with panic attacks too. It used to be from crowds but now I’m forced to stay indoors my anxieties are high and I worry about my sanity and safety. Welcome to the forum. 🌷🍰

K

Kindsoul7

Kindsoul7 and Wordypuzzler and everyone else on here suffering from panic attacks my prayers and best warm energy goes towards you all! I can totally relate! One of the things that have helped me in my journey with dealing with panic attacks is supplementing vitamin D3. I strongly suggest you take a blood test to see where your vitamin D levels are. You'll be amazingly surprised at what a difference ingesting the right dosage of vitamin D3 can make! Everything from improved sleep, to aiding with sleep apnea, increase immunity, increased bone strength, and most importantly increased mood since vitamin D3 is also a vital hormone! Studies has shown a strong connection between stress anxiety etc., and low vitamin D3 levels! Of course, I am not a doctor so definitely seek your medical professional but I like to share what has been very effective for me in my experience! Best wishes to all!
Hi JahKing, thanks a lot for sharing this. You're totally right, I used to have low vitamin D3 levels too! I know I should take a blood test and see if it's still the case. I'm completely frightened by the blood test in itself; almost fainted last time..
I used to go to the doctor and take all kinds of tests all the time when my anxiety first started. And now it's the complete opposite; and I go into a complete panic mode everytime I have a medical appointment.. That is so insanely frustrating.

jajingna

jajingna

Interesting, about D3. Well, diet or nutrition affects everything I guess. A friend suggested some antihistamine, one called Atarax he said was good for anxiety and sleep too.

" Hydroxyzine, sold under the brand names Atarax and others, is an antihistamine medication. It is used in the treatment of itchiness, anxiety, and nausea, including that due to motion sickness. "
(wikipedia)