• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

..Greetings.. I am new here..

~Phoenix~

~Phoenix~

hy..

hmm.. I am new here to this forum.. I'm not sure what to write here so.. I don't fully understand my motives of joining, but I feel somehow that I belong here in a way.. so I'll probably hanging here a while..

~Phoenix~

~Phoenix~

update

..I feel very different than before, or should I say more severe than before.. I have always been covered in some black thing.. I never think positive, always have dark thoughts, but they have gotten worse. Now I'm having suicidal thoughts every day - most of the day, I have been having them and before but not that often.. I don't like myself at all.. I feel so bad and flat out every day.. I just sleep all day when I can. School is getting really bad. I can't concentrate on anything, I don't have motivation for anything, I have become very forgetful. And that happened all of the sudden couple of weeks ago. I'm afraid that I might do something that I will regret.. I've been feeling so angry that I just want punch something..

..I have always been afraid of people, but that has worsen too.. I get annoyed when they stare everywhere I go.. I don't like human race. I like to be alone, not with people. I have only 2 friends. People are so destructive beings.. I'm afraid of them because they are unpredictable, they can hurt you anytime without you even knowing that.. People don't like me either, they think I'm weird because of my "beliefs"..

..I keep searching for my purpose on this world and so far I have found none. I know that there is a deeper meaning of our life. But it seems I can find it. That bothers me very much..

..I really like this forum, you can find everything here.. so do you think I'm ok?

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum Phoenix - hope that you find support and maybe some answers, or at least suggestions here.

As to the OK question :). Well there are two answers!

Are you OK in being solitary, seeking meanings and so on? Yes, yes and a millions times yes. It is always 'ok' to be anything at all as long as it does not harm other people. There is no such thing as 'ok' in this sense and social norms and rules which suggest otherwise are so much bulls&*t.

Are you OK in the sense of possibly (or even probably) being depressed? Well no. The symptoms you describe of suicidal thoughts, feeling flat and sleeping all day etc. are depressive symptoms and it would therefore be a very good thing to go and see your GP. I know this is a big and hard step but it is important and I would encourage you to do this as soon as you can.

I am giving these two answers because it is important to realise that the two things are not necessarily connected. There isn't a depressive 'personality' - as you will see from lots of posts in the Depression Forum a lot of people who get depression are, at the time of getting it, 'social' people. Your personality is fine ; the problem is an illness, depression. And an illness which can be treated with medication, talking therapies and so on.

I hope this makes some sense :).

Nick.

~Phoenix~

~Phoenix~

yeah it helps thank you.. I told my parents about some things and it appears that I am going to the professional next week.. I'm a bit nervous about it, wondering how it will turn out.. tnx again.. :)

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome

I've got some alternative beliefs too - i was always a loner

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
yeah it helps thank you.. I told my parents about some things and it appears that I am going to the professional next week.. I'm a bit nervous about it, wondering how it will turn out.. tnx again.. :)
That's excellent Phoenix :). Let us know how you get on.

Nick.

A

Apotheosis

..I have always been afraid of people, but that has worsen too.. I get annoyed when they stare everywhere I go.. I don't like human race. I like to be alone, not with people. I have only 2 friends. People are so destructive beings.. I'm afraid of them because they are unpredictable, they can hurt you anytime without you even knowing that.. People don't like me either, they think I'm weird because of my "beliefs"..

..I keep searching for my purpose on this world and so far I have found none. I know that there is a deeper meaning of our life. But it seems I can find it. That bothers me very much..

..I really like this forum, you can find everything here.. so do you think I'm ok?
I identify with a lot of this. We find meaning in our lives as we go along I think. I don't know your age, but I'm presuming you are young, I am fairly young too, but I have found that life has improved with age. Bits of the jigsaw have fallen into place. Things make more sense today.

:welcome: to the forum.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hey.... Welcome to the forum. Glad you are able to get some help!