Greetings from a chronic dysthymic.

Strangelove

Strangelove

Hello to everyone!

I have issues with dysthymia almost all my life, I cannot say I enjoy anything much, except maybe reading subjects that I have developed a long term interest, movies (sometimes) and having conversations with friends on line, writing in on line communities, e.t.c. Having said that I could not feel any deep fulfilment with anything.

I have read many posts on the mental health forums over the years, but I am registering now in order to discuss new treatment options for persistent depression. I have even lower mood the past few years and just recently made a connection with a chronic infection and my low mood. Looking on line there is much research that a chronic infection and the inflammation that has as a result can put our body in a low energy state that we do not feel doing much and overtime getting a lower and lower mood.

Hopefully I ll discuss some options for add-on medications to what currently use and start a thread to see how many members here have a probable undiagnosed chronic infection and what to do about it.

Shelter_Skelter

Shelter_Skelter

Welcome. Love your name, classic film. Hope you find the answers you're looking for here. Look after yourself :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
arrrstin Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 1
G Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 4
T Introduce Yourself 3