• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Grandad with crisis team now

Grape

Grape

It's one thing after another lately. My Grandad, well i don't really know what is going on but he has been talking about princess Diana being alive and all sorts of other bizarre things. His CPN has put him with the crisis team. I'm not even sure that he is manic or depressed, just saying odd things. I wonder if he is schizoaffective? You cannot have psychosis without mood alongside can you? I've never seen him like this before and am really worried. We are very close, he only lives about five mins from my flat so i see him a lot. The council called the CMHT about him and that is how all this happened. I didn't even notice anything was wrong. He hasn't been ill for years. Do you have psychosis separate from mania or depression? I just cannot cope with all this drama in my life lately. He hasn't been ill for a very long time. He takes lithium, has done since he was a teenager.My sister has come down from Wales to look after him so we can keep him at home. At least i don't have the pressure of looking after him. I'm with the crisis team still myself although not been seeing them much, just to give me my lamotrigine at night.

What a nightmare.

Last edited:
porkpie

porkpie

He takes Lithium - is this to stabilise his mood? Has he previously had a diagnosis of Bipolar/manic depression in the past? Diagnoses have a tendency to change and become more severe or chronic as the illness progresses... Do you think he's delusional without the mood swings?

Grape

Grape

He's on lithium for bipolar, then manic depression. Just got back from his and he was sitting crouched in the corner of the lounge laughing hysterically. I thought it was just psychosis but he's manic. He keeps trying to undress. My poor sister is baby sitting. I think he might have to be admitted.

T

Topcat

If he hasn't been ill for years I hope they check him over for any possible physical reasons why he has suddenly gotten poorly. I know it's not the same thing but when my grandma gets a bladder infection (not sure how old your grandpa is) she tends to have many more epileptic fits despite the meds.
Just a thought anyway, I'm no doctor.
Hope he's feeling better soon and it's not too stressful for you all.
Take care
Xx

Grape

Grape

There could be an organic cause perhaps.

He has been admitted this morning. Mum was there looking after him but felt we should leave it to the professionals. He's a fifty minute drive away though.

B

BAGGPUSS

There could be an organic cause perhaps.

He has been admitted this morning. Mum was there looking after him but felt we should leave it to the professionals. He's a fifty minute drive away though.
hope your Grandad is ok soon Grape x.