• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

GP thinks I have a personality disorder, waiting list for a therapist is months long. What do I do now?

J

John Doe X

GP thinks I have a personality disorder, waiting list for a therapist is months long. What do I do now?

Apart from waiting ages is there any way you can better establish what kind of disorder it could be?

Most of those online tests look bogus as you nearly always end up with about a billion different disorders which isn't true.

Will I just have to wait it out, it's kind of sad as it took months to pluck up the courage to talk to them and now I'm going to have to wait months just to get a clear answer.

Last edited:
NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I cannot stress how important this is JDX

I don't care what any Health Professional says on here to the contrary unless you've severely harmed somebody in some way nobody including GP's and Consultants has the moral right to say you defintely have a Personality Disorder.

As Legislation stands they have the Legal right but people once had the Legal but not Moral right to own slaves and that was eventually exposed for what it was;Institionalised Tyranny.

Having been diagnosed PD myself in the past I was once treated;totally without Medication in a PD Hospital.

I cannot say enough the stigma and Injustice that PD diagnosed people have to endure.

I know this because my Diagnosis was overturned and I was later diagnosed as Schizo-Affective and thus treatable with Medication which worked and am now in Recovery.

Establishing what kind of PD you alledgedly have is a fools's errand and a fruitless search.

The answer is that treatment for PD in my view is simply Inaffective because it does not address the underlying cause of the PD which is most probably an underlying Treatable Mental Illness.

All the talking Therapy in the world in my view will not only be inaffective but damaging.

It will only confirm in your mind the rubbish they are saying about you which is that you are a problem Personality.

Don't let them Brainwash you with this Krap.

Don't take it lying down.

Get a 2nd,Third,and Fourth Opinion if need be.

Nobody,absolutely nobody has the right to say somebody else has a PD in my view.

All of us have our failings and Flaws including GP's and Consultants.

Get angry but productively angry and do not accept this Diagnosis whatsoever.

It has profound consequences for your future and in any case is a Cost cutting Non-Legitimate and bogus and questionable Diagnosis that will only damage you.

Seek help from the Citizens Advice Bureaux if need be.!!

A

Ainsworth

GP thinks I have a personality disorder
a GP dx you? jeez its getting worse, its fueling my plan of leaving the NHS/CMHT behind and going it alone even more now.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Husband Thinks I Cheated. Paranoid Personality Disorder. What Can Be Done? Personality Disorders Forum 23
P My mother thinks she is being pursued by a guy running a detective agency Personality Disorders Forum 1
B I think I figured out why everyone thinks I am a lesbian! Please help Personality Disorders Forum 2
S My friend thinks he's insane Personality Disorders Forum 8
S Borderline Personality Person here-don't want to give in to neediness. Personality Disorders Forum 5
Sanjuro AVPD(Avoidant Personality Disorder) and diagnosis. Personality Disorders Forum 46
P Regarding Antisocial Personality disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 7
P Questions regarding Antisocial and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 2
AlwaysCurious When is narcissism a personality disorder that needs professional treatment? Personality Disorders Forum 7
U Borderline personality disorder issues Personality Disorders Forum 9
K First Degree Relative Passing Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 1
N Why I think I have avoidant personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
L People with Antisocial Personality Disorder are the ones that emotionally and physically torment others in school Personality Disorders Forum 15
L What type of Personality Disorder do you think the notorious mobster serial killer Thomas Pitera had? Personality Disorders Forum 28
L Avoidant Personality Disorder Question Personality Disorders Forum 21
S Paranoid personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 2
G Is this a personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 1
G Emotionally unstable personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
T I made a song about schizotypal personality disorder and wanted to share Personality Disorders Forum 3
A Unknown Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 18
S Dependent personality disorder. If so, how did you overcome it? Personality Disorders Forum 3
T What personality disorder i have? Personality Disorders Forum 5
T Does my nephew sound like he has personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 3
anayamoo Obsessive compulsive personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 16
G Can People With Personality Disorders Still Be Good Parents Personality Disorders Forum 6
L Past relationship advice borderline personality Personality Disorders Forum 3
L Borderline Personality Disorder - Has anyone experienced something like this? Personality Disorders Forum 2
K do people with dependent personality disorder suffer from social anxiety Personality Disorders Forum 3
E Undiagnosable personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
A Avoidant Personality // Career Success Personality Disorders Forum 7
C Does anyone know what its like to have Avoidant Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 7
C What is a Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 14
bluestar ocean Never diagnosed with any personality disorder though recently self sabotage my happiness Personality Disorders Forum 2
E Can people with paranoid personality disorder be dangerous? Personality Disorders Forum 29
AnxiousE Anyone else with Dependent Personality Disorder or traits of it? Personality Disorders Forum 2
I Avoidant Personality disorder and terrified to talk on the phone Personality Disorders Forum 24
Star_light Living with HPD: Histrionic Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 21
B Avoidant personality disorder triggers Personality Disorders Forum 4
S Avoidant personality with dependence, anxiety and low self esteem Personality Disorders Forum 1
P How to get rid of negative personality traits Personality Disorders Forum 2
D I've got Borderline personality disorder as well as dysthymic disorder. I seek help and counsel. Personality Disorders Forum 4
Summerof76 Schizoid-Avoidant Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 20
F most personality disorders are not actual PDs such as Borderline PD, also PDs are overdiagnosed, other info Personality Disorders Forum 22
S Just been diagnosed with an emotionally unstable personality disorder - seeking advice of others with same Personality Disorders Forum 7
W how do you know if you have a personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 4
T have i got a personality disorder or just depression ?desperate for advice Personality Disorders Forum 5
K personality problem or intelligence problem? Personality Disorders Forum 12
S Paranoid Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 2
S I have personality disorder and really struggling with anything social. Feel really alone . All I do is work all I can to forget my problems. I have t Personality Disorders Forum 20
Keesha Antisocial Personality Disorder ? Personality Disorders Forum 5