• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Government wants to know your priorites for the budget

apple

apple

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BudgetJuly15

A survey where you can express what you think should be in the budget next week
Closes Friday

I'm not even sure if this is for real - it looks very amateurish.
But then this government is amateurish.
I did it and said to fund the proposed welfare cuts with money claimed back from tax avoidance. If they employed more people to investigate that, rather than benefit fraud, they wouldn't have to reduce vulnerable and poorer people's income to the extent that they keep saying they have to.

I know on those benefit programmes it looks like lots of people are scrounging, but speaking as someone who is unable to hold down a job, I can't afford to have more cuts. Food seems to have gone up in price again, and I'm only about a month away from being overdrawn despite not going out very much.

U

UMPALUMPA

It is worrying what they are going to do, I hope they dont start taxing Benefits such as Esa/Pip ect...

My mum helps me a lot but that wont be forever.

shaky

shaky

I'm so pleased you wrote that.
I filled it in with the exact same message - spend more money on getting money off the tax abusers and it will pay for itself
Some estimates put the amount of tax avoided at over 100billion pounds
Whereas benefit fraud is thought o add up to 1.2bilion
I know where I would put MY money if I were the government

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
this business of constantly having to prove i'm sick to these beurocrats is making me sicker and sicker

Unique1

Unique1

this business of constantly having to prove i'm sick to these beurocrats is making me sicker and sicker
Yes, agree, it's what is triggering me at the moment!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
as i said elsewhere they're asking about savings and the only way i'll be allowed savings is if i can prove illness, i have to make a big issue of it, when in the past i've just given the details i got referred to some fraud quango

F

Faceless

Would there be much point replying ? The Government will do what it wants to do . I'm sure the so-called consultation is just lip service

U

UMPALUMPA

Would there be much point replying ? The Government will do what it wants to do . I'm sure the so-called consultation is just lip service
I agree

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

so involved in my own faffy problems, I hadn’t seen this thread.
Would have felt very tempted to reply that the ideal solution would be a change of government. I’m not dependant on benefits but I do wonder what the future holds for me as a pensioner, even though I had some independent income.