• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Government pledges £250m to improve Carers' lives

D

Dollit

When my ex was my carer (which was horrendous and I'm still waiting for some care!) they took money from me to give to him and then had the cheek to tell me I no longer fulfilled the requirements for free prescriptions, eye care or dental care because my income was so large! That was a very short lived experiment I can tell you!

The current system penalises everyone.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
My uncle recently had a stroke and now has his daughter as his carer.
She has two children,a lazy ass husband,a house to run and a part time job.

The Government should realise that people like her are doing it because they love and care for their families and not just laugh in their faces with this !
But maybe that's the governments trump card;being fully aware that most people have no choice and will just get on with it regardless? :mad:

D

Dollit

Pure and simple exploitation. Good health is dependent on lots of factors and money is one of them. The wealthier you are the healthier you tend to be so by creating a sub class of people who live on the border line the government is creating unnecessary work for an already strained system.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Absolutely,and the situation now is that carers need caring for which is what the government says it is looking at.

What concerns me most with this is that we have almost 3m children living in poverty in the UK and the new generation of children who are carers is also massively on the increase,what are the long term effects of this going to be?

It's very worrying :(

D

Dollit

It means that those who have the means to live healthy long lives will grow older, their ages at death will increase, the younger people without money or resources will die younger, there will be a narrow band of people in the middle panicking about how to look after the elderly with a decreasing workforce to pay into the tax system to support them. The country is off to hell in a handcart.