Government Delusions

Q

questionadventure

Without going into to much detail for fear of embarrassment but I had my first psychotic episode roughly two years ago now and at the time I was adamant that there was nothing wrong me I just had really intense and controversial thoughts about the government which lead to me be sectioned, I still have mild paranoid thoughts and can never fully disprove them has anyone had a similar delusion?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I have never had that but I still struggle to believe the hallucinations aren't real. My psychosis was bipolar based when I was in the depressive phase. I too am left witha belief that not everything is wrong but I have more insight now.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I thought the government was watching me too, I was sectioned.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Two and a half years ago I thought the government had me under surveillance because I heard some Navy military secrets and they thought I was a security risk to the country. Eventually I thought they were trying to assassinate me. I thought I had listening devices in my house and in my cracked tooth and I thought the street light outside had a camera on it. I lived in fear for my life every day. I was almost hospitalized because I stopped talking but at the last minute, because I didn't want to go to the hospital I talked a little bit to the psychiatrist. She ended up changing my medication.

A

Abilifred

I first started having symptoms of psychosis in college, and at that time I was very interested in politics. As the symptoms started coming on, I became increasingly interested in conspiracy theories. I started to believe I was reading top secret material when I read these on the internet. And also that my browsing was being surveyed by the government because I knew too much. Eventually I began to believe I was in a special elite community. This was in 2011, and the Occupy Wall Street movement was beginning. This happened to coincide with my beginning to hear voices, and I began to believe that "Occupy" secretly meant "occupying" the minds of wall street bankers, and that my mind, as I was part of a special elite, was being occupied (hence the voices). Eventually this led to my belief that I was in a special telepathic community, and all my friends at college could hear my thoughts and I could hear theirs. Delusions and thought broadcasting. So interestingly my illness really began by intertwining with paranoia about the government and delusional political issues.

Drooo

Drooo

Without going into to much detail for fear of embarrassment but I had my first psychotic episode roughly two years ago now and at the time I was adamant that there was nothing wrong me I just had really intense and controversial thoughts about the government which lead to me be sectioned, I still have mild paranoid thoughts and can never fully disprove them has anyone had a similar delusion?
Mind me asking what those 'intense and controversial' thoughts were?