i hate them

letmein

letmein

one of the reasons im suicidal right now is benefits

now under universal credit ,if you are considered never to be able to work
you get NO disabled element whatsoever

if you are considered able to work you get a disabled element

i hate them
hey my review is due soon...... and i hate the government too :)

letmein

letmein

hey don't take it personal they just out to get anyone on benefits, it was the same years ago, my sister lost her benefits in the early 90's and my mom had to fight like hell to get them back..

PIP is a complete nightmare I'm too scared to even apply, I have enough worry with ESA which as many of us know dosn't cover the bills..

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
that is shocking. I have read about it online but I don't read it like that but it is hard to understand.

don't you have enough to live on now then?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
that is shocking. I have read about it online but I don't read it like that but it is hard to understand.

don't you have enough to live on now then?
my aunt helps me with maddie
i just got £20 a week more with change from DLA to PIP

i had about £20 a week left over before that
no way could afford maddie with my aunt

plus i might have prob with benefits cos of my sister being with me
she is meant to be getting a homeless letter from her MH team but i don't believe she will

she can stay with me til my birthday-27 feb and that is it its not just money i need my own space

anyway im detracting from the thread

the point is the government really are horrific toward disabled people

no disabled element if you can never work-disgrace x

also you have to wait six weeks for payment ,aunt said are meant to get a loan to see you through until then
but how does one pay that back?? x

fazza

fazza

You have 12 months to pay the loan back and it is taken from your benefit every month.

Try and not take it personal. The government is out to get everyone off benefits.

xx

W

Wilsonbed

Hi Lucretia I am 100% with you the Government and the system they have created is pure evil. I was getting PIP and ESA which came to something like 580 pound a month. I live alone and had just mental health issues. I then became physically Ill to the point I consider my self disabled, I can not even walk up the street anymore due to my diagnosed health condition. I put in for a change of circumstances to get mobility component of PIP and these remorseless bastards took away my entire PIP.

I am now 250 pound a month down and can't afford to pay my bills. I am of course fighting this decision and I have been informed by many people that they do this in the hopes you don't challenge it. I have even been told that they refused a paraplegic PIP. But the process to challenge it will take atleast 3 months and in the mean time Ill have to make the choice between bills or food.

The only help I can offer you is that you call the Citizens advice line. I am currently doing so and I hope they can help because otherwise people like me and you are up shit creek without a paddle :)

F

firemonkee57

The way this government treats the disabled is disgraceful.

Since 2015,with the move from dla to Pip and ESA to UC, despite my disability being stable in its severity, I've seen an income drop of about 31%.

Due to a change of circumstance (moving ) I lost about £40 in the transition from ESA to UC. Ironically the move was to be nearer to my stepdaughter as my block of flats was due to be demolished, and she felt that I was not coping very well without support near at hand(help from mental health services was minimal). Hardly a sign that my change of circumstance was because I was in better health.

Then there is the issue of the 6, or is it now 5,week wait to be paid UC. Something that has caused a lot of problems.
Luckily for me I had some savings to weather the storm . Many others are not so fortunate.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The way this government treats the disabled is disgraceful.

Since 2015,with the move from dla to Pip and ESA to UC, despite my disability being stable in its severity, I've seen an income drop of about 31%.

Due to a change of circumstance (moving ) I lost about £40 in the transition from ESA to UC. Ironically the move was to be nearer to my stepdaughter as my block of flats was due to be demolished, and she felt that I was not coping very well without support near at hand(help from mental health services was minimal). Hardly a sign that my change of circumstance was because I was in better health.

Then there is the issue of the 6, or is it now 5,week wait to be paid UC. Something that has caused a lot of problems.
Luckily for me I had some savings to weather the storm . Many others are not so fortunate.
maybe they think firemonkey that with your stepdaughter there you don't need as mucch care, they are into cutting the state and expecting family to care

D

dlzoidberg

The way I read it, if you get severe disability premium, you will still get it when transferred to UC, because of the 'transitional period'. Your benefits are not increased though, until the amount you get, becomes less than the amount you would have had without the premium, but with a yearly rise.

I'm probably wrong though.

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The way I read it, if you get severe disability premium, you will still get it when transferred to UC, because of the 'transitional period'. Your benefits are not increased though, until the amount you get, becomes less than the amount you would have had without the premium, but with a yearly rise.

I'm probably wrong though.
the transitional period i gather is until your reassessed, a change of circunstances can trigger that, theres pages of things called change of circumstances you have to inform them off

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
when i moved here they stopped the severe disability premium amd i had to reapply, i had the disability centre they sent the form in which was just as well as the dwp lost it they admitted it had been sent in the past they've refused to backdate to the date forms they lose that i sent

did lose a months severe disability premium

people go on about the nhs and social services at least in theory theres accountability theres no accountability with the dwp

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

when i moved here they stopped the severe disability premium amd i had to reapply, i had the disability centre they sent the form in which was just as well as the dwp lost it they admitted it had been sent in the past they've refused to backdate to the date forms they lose that i sent

did lose a months severe disability premium

people go on about the nhs and social services at least in theory theres accountability theres no accountability with the dwp
There is no accountability in the NHS, Social Services or the Police. Diseased criminals the lot, and not worth the spit of a rancid zombie :)

Last edited:
R_Sxo

R_Sxo

I don't agree that the government isn't "evil". Some of their policies may not be kind to you, but that doesn't make them "evil". I know it's frustrating when it feels like the government is against you, but remember that they are trying to manage millions of lives. All we can do is to adapt to the situation and use our power to vote, but branding them with hatred doesn't help anyone!x

Much love <3

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
i have friends who cannot afford to eat and heat their house since the changeover to universal credit
forcing disabaled people into that position ,is in my opinion evil x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've heard the goverment has said with universal credit it's up to councils to help needy people whether they've got the resources, with my savings and frugal living it may take a few years to reach crisis and get help, i can't help resenting it that those who smoke drink and go to the pub will get help immediately as a crisis will cost more

T

Twokiwisandabanana

People have died because of this of course its evil Rxao are u a conservative?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FadeToBlack Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8