Got to see Second Opinion Doctor, 46 mile round trip.

N

nightmare57

Because my Community Treatment Order has been renewed again after spending 6 weeks in hospital I'm summoned to see the Second Opinion Doctor which would be no problem if it was in my town I would go but its 23 miles away and 1 and 20 minute bus journey which I think is totally unreasonable, that's nearly 3 hours of buses there and back plus I have to walk to the appointment place and to top it off the doctor is a right bastard, when I went to see him last time he totally asked irrelevant questions.

My question is, if I refused would they likely resection me for noncompliance of CTO which stipulates I have to make myself available for medical appointments?

Because I'm not going!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry your going through this, if you don't attend they might resection you. Did you ask for a second opnion?
Can you take anyone with you, some charities have advocates that might be able to help.
Take care

F

Fragile1

Nightmare 57 I Agree you need an advocate with you. Sadly I don't know where you are in the country. You don't give any info about you proposed diagnosed illness. Let me give you some positive advice if your under a CTO, can I ask you if you have gone into the hospital under a section 2 ? If you now get detained against your will. You would then fall under a section 3. This is Not a bad thing.

That means when you get out of hospital you would be entitled to section 177 aftercare. That means appropriate care. Must be provided to you by both health and social services. This also covers appropriate housing under Section 21. This is a legal duty. They cannot ignore this as it is mandatory.

It's a very useful thing to have if this matter goes into a court room. In the future.. (I hope you get the help you need without that!)

I don't know your mental health state, but as you think the questions asked weren't appropriate I'm wondering if it's your illness that makes you think that way?

Regardless I hope that you get well soon, and wish you well in the future.

Best Wishes, Fragile1