• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Got the care he needs! After 8 years!

S

SisterInNeed

Hi all

where do i start! I joined here over 2 years ago. I was in need of help as my brother relapsed and no1 gave a damn, yes even his CPN didnt care!!! He relapsed for over 2 years and it was the hardest time we had been through. (my brother has been ill for 8 years)

I wont bore you with the details but me and my mum took it further, we wanted my brother to be well again and to be heard! we went to our local MP and from there it got better. my brother went back into hospital december 2009 and is now starting to get better, after all this time he is still in hospital but is now having leave and will be going into safe accomodation.

I want you to know that there is hope, please dont give up on your family/loved ones! fight for them like we did. It takes alot of strength but you get there in the end! its the mental health system that needs a kick up the bum!

I will keep in touch and let you no how we are getting on. if any1 needs to chat im here.

Hails x

Angels

Angels

Thats great news! i hope everthing goes well! sometimes the people working with you in the mental health system really do need a nudge. but im glad everything worked out! of course there is hope for everyone. determination :)
now is just the journey of recovery! wishing you and your family all the best
keep us posted!
x han x

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Hails.

Congratulations to you and your family for being so strong and fighting such a difficult cause to help your brother. I really do think it is amazing that you all worked so hard together to make his future brighter. What a truly loving family you are.

I am sure your brother will look back and be immensely grateful for all your hard work.

Such a lovely thread to read, thank you for updating us.

X

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes congratulations on finally getting the help your brother needs and for being so strong to help him, the system definitely messes up a whole lot - but success is sweet to read

KS

B

Blondie

Well done.Your story is an inspiration to others to keep fighting the system.Your brother is lucky to have a family that cares so much.xx

M

maudikie

Good for you to keep fighting. I agree that mental healthh has been neglected for a long time, but the treatments are improvinng, and they are doing a lot of research. So keep smiling, and never give up hope. The next thing you might do is ask for a carer's assessment of need, and insist that when he comes home you have a weekly break, and that he has some rehabilitation.