• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

got tear gassed

• Thread starter tasteslikemedicine
  • Start date
T

tasteslikemedicine

we were peacefully protesting yesterday and the police tear gassed us. and nobody believes me, says we must have been violent. we were not. we were standing and chanting. i am at a loss. nobody cares.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Sorry to hear this Beth, I seen a video earlier where a guy who was peacefully protesting was arrested. It's truly despicable.

T

tasteslikemedicine

Sorry to hear this Beth, I seen a video earlier where a guy who was peacefully protesting was arrested. It's truly despicable.
i've never been so scared before in my life. it's hard to manage my mental health and also stand up for what is right. we were being peaceful, chanting "no justice no peace" and then they shot off a tear gas launcher and we all started running. to harm us for what? it's so unfair. i am very thankful to be okay now without lasting effects but this isn't over. police brutality is at an all time high right now. the people who are supposed to protect us are harming us.

edit: lol i realize it's funny how i said we were being peaceful but chanting "no justice no peace" but it is a common protesting phrase here where "no peace" is referring to the anger of untimely black death, peace being a sense of healing in this context

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
i've never been so scared before in my life. it's hard to manage my mental health and also stand up for what is right. we were being peaceful, chanting "no justice no peace" and then they shot off a tear gas launcher and we all started running. to harm us for what? it's so unfair. i am very thankful to be okay now without lasting effects but this isn't over. police brutality is at an all time high right now. the people who are supposed to protect us are harming us.
Yeah I know, it's pretty insane what is going on there right now, especially in the context of coronavirus. I wish it wasn't happening to you, but feel secure in the knowledge that you're on the right side of this debate and the police are pretty scummy over there. The USA has been about to collapse like this for a few years now, riots have always been there but have obviously escalated now. What happened to that poor man was too vile for words.

T

tasteslikemedicine

Yeah I know, it's pretty insane what is going on there right now, especially in the context of coronavirus. I wish it wasn't happening to you, but feel secure in the knowledge that you're on the right side of this debate and the police are pretty scummy over there. The USA has been about to collapse like this for a few years now, riots have always been there but have obviously escalated now. What happened to that poor man was too vile for words.
when i was in england i have never felt so safe before. i am not black so i will never completely understand the pain of the black community but i do empathize because of anti-semitism of me being jewish. when i see a police officer here, i get so scared. it's always been that way. as a little girl in school a police officer came to talk to us for career day and i just kept looking at his gun and feeling so scared. in england i felt a weight lift off of me, not being scared of police brutality or shootings. now the reality is really hitting everyone over here. thank you for responding. please know the police are escalating everything.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
when i was in england i have never felt so safe before. i am not black so i will never completely understand the pain of the black community but i do empathize because of anti-semitism of me being jewish. when i see a police officer here, i get so scared. it's always been that way. as a little girl in school a police officer came to talk to us for career day and i just kept looking at his gun and feeling so scared. in england i felt a weight lift off of me, not being scared of police brutality or shootings. now the reality is really hitting everyone over here. thank you for responding. please know the police are escalating everything.
The police aren't always angels in Britain either tbh, but I get your point. I am sorry you have faced anti-semitism before.

I understand the police are escalating everything.

JessisMe

JessisMe

These days, unfortunately, it’s what they do best. No one holds them accountable. I hope the officers will be held accountable in this case.

T

tasteslikemedicine

The police aren't always angels in Britain either tbh, but I get your point. I am sorry you have faced anti-semitism before.

I understand the police are escalating everything.
yes you are right, i guess i felt better comparatively. i think it's the guns i'm most afraid of over everything.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
yes you are right, i guess i felt better comparatively. i think it's the guns i'm most afraid of over everything.
Probably is the guns, I wouldn't feel safe is guns were legal in the UK tbh.

Keesha

Keesha

edit: lol i realize it's funny how i said we were being peaceful but chanting "no justice no peace" but it is a common protesting phrase here where "no peace" is referring to the anger of untimely black death, peace being a sense of healing in this context
Great post and good for you in peacefully protesting for something you believe in. Police Brutality is at an all time high and after what happened last week I don’t blame anyone for protesting. Sometimes that’s what’s needed to create change.

M

Mary on the hill

Great post and good for you in peacefully protesting for something you believe in. Police Brutality is at an all time high and after what happened last week I don’t blame anyone for protesting. Sometimes that’s what’s needed to create change.
But they don't deserve to be BLINDED by shining lasers in their eyes! Three police are now blinded for LIFE, because a "peaceful protester" shone a laser in their eyes. Blinded for LIFE!!

Keesha

Keesha

But they don't deserve to be BLINDED by shining lasers in their eyes! Three police are now blinded for LIFE, because a "peaceful protester" shone a laser in their eyes. Blinded for LIFE!!
Clearly I didn’t realize that. Nobody deserves to be blinded for life. How sad.

nutsie

nutsie

Sorry to hear this sir

Make me so angry

I have much problem with police but still only 28 years old.

Some police is kind because of want to help public. Most police is pig. They got personality problem and inferior complex and want power. I think many have ASD. Some violent psychopath.

We have lady Americano in our camp. She is in segro because of always scream and shout and get violent. CO nurse must give her bug juice injection many time. She say she police in California and her husband also police but member of Aryan Brotherhood. They is white supremacy gang and you must kill person to join.

Police is dangerous job. They is not our friend. They know is dangerous when they is join.

Sorry, but when bad thing to happen to police I feel not pity.