• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

got so much going on

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Lu,
We are here for you, please do ask for support whenever you need to.
I'm so sorry your having nightmares.
I'm glad the police are being supportive etc.
Lots of hugs

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I'm sorry about all of this. Hopefully this stressful time will be over soon and you will feel happy again. I'm sending you many hugs :hug:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
That is really frightening. I know it is so hard. Are you waiting for housing and living with your partner's family? You have the puppy/1 year old?

It must be devastating to have left your home. I don't know what went on there to cause you to have to leave but it must have been major.

Stress has a huge impact on the brain, on everything. I forgot my purse when i went to the shop yesterday and could not pay at the till. I had to leave my shopping and on the walk home i kept saying 'i want to die' to myself. Such a small thing and you have had such a big change.

When you have a home, you will be ok. Can you hang on until then? You are a person, here, in the world, the impact your death would be is enormous.

Rest, eat, walk, look around at Spring. Think of the warm summer, the flowers, then the Autumn, pumpkins, fireworks, poppy day, remembering those very young men who had to go to war and died to keep us safe. Then Christmas. New Year.

They are times when we look after ourselves, eat nice foods, walk in the snow, pretty lights, they help us get through.

Your dog will help you. We will help you get through the days.

I do think though at this point you need to call 111 to get some professional help. Their job is to help you through this time.

Are you taking your medication? The doctor could arrange something for you to take for a while to help you feel less distressed and sleep well.

Basics, eat, wash, sleep and puppy.
Slowly, carefully, sort housing? current problems.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Nobody is dying ... not on my watch! :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Most dogs will show signs that they need to wee before they do it, a better chance of showing her what you want is to learn those signs and take her outside as soon as she starts to show signs (for example, circling or whining at the door)

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Dogs also wee for the same reason we wee - cause bladder is full and needs emptying

All punishing Star for weeing in front of you will teach her is to not wee in front of her human mum - ever

Then she will just get sneakier about where she does wee and she'll start to use somewhere else as a toilet - like behind furniture or somewhere like that

I've only had cats (and current two gerbils), but in my experience animals want to go to the toilet in the right place, they just need to know where the right place is, like for a cat, having a poo on the dining room table (for example) is not the right place to use as a toilet, the litter tray is the right place :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

It does depend upon the temprament of the dog, I volunteered in kennels before the pandemic (rescue kennels) and some dogs were so traumatised they would cower as soon as there was a unkind word in their direction :(

Same with cats, some of my cats have been traumatised by humans and when they was learning house rules they needed kindness and understanding to help them connect the dots between i did this behaviour - it gets me praised and spoke kindly to, or i did this behaviour - it got me told off (in the case of cats, hiss when they are showing a unwanted behaviour is the way i have taught my more confident cats to stop doing something, the nervous girlies would never of coped with that method)

(for the record my current two cats, older one has no health or behaviour problems, younger one has high dominance territorial issues towards basically anything that moves that isnt a human adult)

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Yes I assumed u were a practitioner. I could feel it in ur words. And ur correct. But what I suggested is based off actual experience as urs are. And I know how that can sound. Lol. But every being . human to fish requires understanding. Patience. Care or concern. Above all its what ur intent is. And it needs to be out of love. Concern. Their wellbeing. Anything that is approached and manipulated with I'll intent that doesn't carry affection will be refused by everyone unless forced . But that's a whole nother story.
i'm not a animal behaviour expert, i was speaking from volunteer experience

i think we off topics now

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

just wanted to say x thanks for the private messages ,im not being rude but i turned them off for now
im not up tp one to one chat but thanks for support x