• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Got Schizophrenia then get off of a murder charge

Funnyday

Funnyday

Emily Jones was killed in a park in Bolton in March this year, and Eltiona Skana admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility

Should this happen that she is let off of a murder charge.

JessisMe

JessisMe

What is your point in posting this here?

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
depends on the situation. Maybe not fully let off and obviously get some mandatory help. If she was in a psychotic state at the time, that should be considered.
Unless anyone has experienced psychotic episodes, they cant speak for what it is like during them and how you are no way in reality during them...

But on the other hand, if that was my kid who got hurt by someone in the same situation i would be very different. I see both sides of it as having schizophrenia myself and also being a parent

Funnyday

Funnyday

What is your point in posting this here?
My point is to see others views who also have Schizophrenia. When in the height of my psychosis. I had loads of weird thoughts but I never acted on them. I knew that it was not ok for me to act on them no matter how deranged I became.

fazza

fazza

My point is to see others views who also have Schizophrenia. When in the height of my psychosis. I had loads of weird thoughts but I never acted on them. I knew that it was not ok for me to act on them no matter how deranged I became.
I all depends on the levels of insight the person has. By the sounds of it you managed to maintain a little bit of insight but for others the delusions become so real and constant that it can be impossible to see any reason.

Also when you state "no matter how deranged I became" This is a statement that in reality cannot be stated as the levels of insight in your next episode could overcome this belief that "no matter how deranged I become i would not act on them"

If a very difficult situation and I do not think that there is a clear answer

L

Lab rat

I agree, this makes me feel uneasy too.

schizophrenia is not a “get out of jail free card” as I have found out on more than one occasion. I can’t speak for this particular case, only to say that my heart goes out to the family of the poor girl. When in full flight psychosis, my sense of right and wrong goes straight out the window. But I have only been guilty of damaging property, and a policeman who hit me first with a baton. I hope to god that I would never become so twisted up that I would harm anyone.

D

Deleted member 91261

this also makes me uneasy
but when i heard on the radio about it it was a not guilty verdict and nothing to do with schizophrenia was mentioned.
so im not sure what your question is in regards to this post, but i dont think in my mind set i would ever do something like this either x

EdEd

EdEd

We are responsible for our actions and we should be held accountable for what we say and do.. is my opinion.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I don't like this. But it is just another example of this type of story. Surely if they believe Schizophrenics are so dangerous, they should invest in research in curing and understanding this complex condition. We do not even have a schizophrenic fellowship.

Mental health campaigns focus on 'Anxiety and depression' mainly. What about us?

EdEd

EdEd

I don't like this. But it is just another example of this type of story. Surely if they believe Schizophrenics are so dangerous, they should invest in research in curing and understanding this complex condition. We do not even have a schizophrenic fellowship.

Mental health campaigns focus on 'Anxiety and depression' mainly. What about us?
Agreed.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Broadmoor patients are about 80% schizophrenia, 20% personality disorder in their diagnosis.
I remember this, but don't have a link for it.

L

Lab rat

It would seem that the woman was in danger of being deported as an illegal immigrant. So it was less about schizophrenia and more about wanting to stay in the uk. So sad.