got prescribed Buspar / need help

• Thread starter Sadkittygirl1928
  • Start date
Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Hey yall. so I have HORRIBLE anxiety, I dont want to explain how bad because Im trying not to think about it anyways
I just got proscribed Buspar as an "as needed 3 times a day" med, he said to take it one time daily and then also as needed an extra two times.
anyone else use it this way, does it work? I read online that its a slow med so how can it help in the moment as an "as needed" med if its not fast acting ugh

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there I don’t take buspar but I think you may have misunderstood the slow med part . I think it will mean slow release which means it keeps on releasing a small amount of the drug into your system say over five hours when you may need to take another . And most meds can take at least two weeks for you to start seeing some real benefits. Hope that helps

Daf:hug:

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Hi there I don’t take buspar but I think you may have misunderstood the slow med part . I think it will mean slow release which means it keeps on releasing a small amount of the drug into your system say over five hours when you may need to take another . And most meds can take at least two weeks for you to start seeing some real benefits. Hope that helps

Daf:hug:
I think I understand that hmm I think I get confused because when I see that it takes time to see the full benefit I wonder if it'll still benefit me if I take it during a panic attack. He prescribed it so when I have a panic attack I take one so it'll calm me down, but online I see that it takes weeks to see the full benefit so I'm confused about that I guess

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think this would be more to prevent them but there are other meds that work but can’t be taken regularly as they are addictive. I take propranolol (betablockers) to slow my heart rate down every morning but can take up to three a day but also carry lorazepam if it’s really bad. I’m only allowed 14 a month of those. The only trouble is I don’t like to drive when I’ve taken them as they really relax the body so only use in emergencies.

Daf

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

I think this would be more to prevent them but there are other meds that work but can’t be taken regularly as they are addictive. I take propranolol (betablockers) to slow my heart rate down every morning but can take up to three a day but also carry lorazepam if it’s really bad. I’m only allowed 14 a month of those. The only trouble is I don’t like to drive when I’ve taken them as they really relax the body so only use in emergencies.

Daf
I think that the reason he is using buspar is that its less addictive I have issues with Ativan I got addicted and had bad issues coming off it

C

Confusedandanxious

Buspar I found was quite effective. I'd take it before a meeting and stuff and was able to handle it much better than I would have without it. I'd take the consistent one at bedtime so to stop racing thoughts on a night.

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Buspar I found was quite effective. I'd take it before a meeting and stuff and was able to handle it much better than I would have without it. I'd take the consistent one at bedtime so to stop racing thoughts on a night.
he told me that if I'm having a panic attack if that I should take it, like someone would with Ativan or xanax but I'm seeing all over the internet doesn't work that way I'm so damn confused

C

Confusedandanxious

he told me that if I'm having a panic attack if that I should take it, like someone would with Ativan or xanax but I'm seeing all over the internet doesn't work that way I'm so damn confused
It worked for me that way. Fingers crossed it does for you too.