• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

got paid off :(

C

cole

hey i went to a meeting with my work today have been off long term sick they said my options where to go back in the same role or lesser role within 4-6 weeks (the docs said its not an option) resign,be fired as am not fit to do my job,or they can pay me off a months salary per year. so i took that last option still sucks tho :(

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Can they do that? How long have you been off? It might say something about sick entitlement in your contract, check it out or get someone to help you. It certainly sucks though :hug:

C

cole

hey yeah they can because i have exhausted the long term sick policy i was off 10 months went back for 4 months then off another 7. plus the dr said i wont be able to go bak anythime soon am so gutted. i just feel like takin a bunch of pills and crawl into bed and stay there now. even when i level out wots the point wot am i meant to do? i loved my job :(

L

Lady Summer Isles

Sorry Cole
Know how you feel, the same thing happened to me 10 years ago when I worked for Tescos. Think I then went onto Incapacity benefit but i'm not sure as that was some time ago. I now get DLA as well but didn't apply for that for a long time until i was admitted to hospital. I didnt' like my job that much as i had been nursing before that which i did love, but it still came as a shock. Hope things improve for you.
Tannith

S

starfish

work

i lost my job a couple of years ago, and got paid off, in some ways it was a :)relief . try to look at this as a new begining, i know its very hard to do that, but you must put your health first. take care.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Good point Dolores.

Really sorry that this has happened to you but it will take away at least one source of pressure. Do apply for ESA (I think that's what it's now called) and also maybe disability living allowance and focus now on feeling and getting better. There will be good opportunities in the future, as the saying goes, one door closes another opens.

Take care and keep posting,
Honey

SimonB

SimonB

Hi...sorry you got paid off.....unfortunately the employer has the upper hand:(

C

cole

hey i just got a letter from dla am gettin money from them ansd esa (employment support allowance) which is the same as incapacity benefit.so i will be ok money wise. am still just gutted i loved my job

T

TOONAFISH

hi cole

(((()))) sorry to here your crappy news. :hug:

i lost a job through this illness and then couldnt return after matty leave to another due to it. it is horrible isnt it.

having said that, through this illness i have began volunteering and have changed careers altog and feel happy with me new career path. i know it is too soon for you just now but as some one else said as one door closes another one opens.

sending you hugs x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Bipolar Forum 17