Got myself into a real muddle

N

noo8142

This is second time on this forum but new account.

I've got myself into a true muddle and I'm struggling to know what to do.

I'm gay and been in a relationship with a woman for 6 years. She has very severe mental health problems and is on the Autistic Spectrum. Its been tough but I've always tried to make the most of it.

Recently I met someone and developed a bit of a crush. It was exciting and I really liked her as a person. I messaged her a few times to meet up, even though I know she isn't in to me at all.

My other half saw some messages and we've argued for days. Eventually I told her earlier that I liked this girl. Because of her ASD she has fallen apart and is in pieces saying her world has ended.

I really don't want to hurt her at all. I do love her, I think I'm just bored and frustrated. I also know that the other person doesn't like me like that. I also can't just cut her off as she's connected to me through work.

I just don't know what to do. I'm so confused.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

If the other person isn;t interested you cant be more than friends with her, also its unfair on your other half to keep bringing up your feelings for the other one, my advice is to leave the one who is not interested alone and be there for your other half, who is interested in you :hug:

J

Jules5

I agree with Midnight. You have to let go. The seven year trails of relationship are upon you. It is normal to feel as you are. I am just sorry your partner read your texts. You will get through all this just give it time. Lots of love and hugs