• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

got my PIP restored !

Z

Zoe1

they've put it back to enhanced daily living
thanks to the benefits adviser
and my psychiatrist who wrote them a letter !

still no mobility but I will have what I had before
which is great news

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
That's great Zoe, I hope they don't bother you again for a long while.

I haven't heard from the ESA people in ages and I'm dreading the brown envelope of doom coming through my letterbox.

N

natalie

That's good news Zoe1.

Best regards.

I do agree NWiddi, I always go pear shaped, with nerves when I note the brown or white envelope f rom the DWP people. However, having said tha t, I have always had excellence of high quality of benefit care of finances from benefits people assisting me over the years.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's good i get enhanced daily living no mobility, i haven't a psychiatrist to write a letter, they can question a gps letter but a psychiatrist, i wonder who'll represent me, it's a worry

Z

Zoe1

thank you guys

it was a white envelope actually
it didn't even have the ' whistler ' stamp they usually had
so it was a bit of a shock to find it was from them

I asked for the reconsideration quite a while back now

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it was the mandatory reconsideration was it, i thought you had to go all the way to appeal and the mandatory reconsidearation was just something you had to go through

Z

Zoe1

no sometimes they will restore it at the reconsideration stage
especially if you present them with fresh evidence

C

creative20

I also have great news, i got awarded standard daily and enhanced mobility on pip in November, however, there was a contradictory on my points awards so i was advised to appeal, again,even though its 6 months but i was seriously ill with Covid.. So, i appealed and i got a phone call from a lovely lady at DWP and got awarded Enhanced Daily and Enhanced Mobility, i am chuffed, only downside is that ive got a review in 1 years time!

C

creative20

I forgot to mention, I was told that the renewal will be face to face, i have 12 months to prepare, but if anyone has it sooner, be prepared...the lady told me to have all my evidence in place, and detail everything on the renewal form. I hope all of us do not have to go through this as we are already suffering.