• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Got my money back. Money due to be cut.

C

Chamaeleon

Anybody know of any charities that don't discriminate? Mencap & Enable Scotland aren't very useful.

C

Chamaeleon

Anybody know of any places that do similar work to that of the CAB & social services but that don't discriminate --whether it be on looks or popularity? Something with equality at its core.

Just for future.

It must also say equality on the service banner or whatever too.

No rush but I want to avoid discrimination in future when I'm out there living independently.

Services in Scotland.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I don't really know of any other situations.
Have you looked into local food banks?

Just wanted to say i'm really sorry you're in a bit of a desperate situation. :hug:
It's so shit.
I don't know what the circumstances are or if you've been refused certain benefits, but as soon as you can re-apply then do it. You can't be expected to live in such poverty.

C

Chamaeleon

Yea it isn't a lot of money. Barely enough to live on to begin with. It's not fair... I face mocking, bullying & discrimination quite a lot these days. I hope it changes & we get more money at some point. I just wish there were more services out there so that if one discriminates then I'll always have another to fall back on (cos I have learning disabilities & whathaveyou)

E

english rose

Does this have to go through?

Will barely be able to live on these cuts. During the winter months for example it's a tenner a day just for gas.

I'm also on the same boat as this guy... Should being ugly classify as a disability eligible for disability cheques?

Is there a way around these cuts?

From 250 every two weeks right down to 174 every 4 weeks. That's unlivable money.
Is that a typo? Did you mean week not day? My gas has been about £12-13 pw lately.

E

english rose

Does this have to go through?

Will barely be able to live on these cuts. During the winter months for example it's a tenner a day just for gas.

I'm also on the same boat as this guy... Should being ugly classify as a disability eligible for disability cheques?

Is there a way around these cuts?

From 250 every two weeks right down to 174 every 4 weeks. That's unlivable money.
I don't doubt that it's much easier to get a job if you're pretty. I used to want to be an air hostess, I tried but failed to get in to that line of work. A very pretty woman who I used to be friends with was approached by an airline inviting her to work for them based on what she looked like - which is stupid because I bet she'd be useless in an emergency situation; mind you I have very bad hand-eye coordination so I'd probably have spilt tea/coffee all over passengers.

C

Chamaeleon

I don't doubt that it's much easier to get a job if you're pretty. I used to want to be an air hostess, I tried but failed to get in to that line of work. A very pretty woman who I used to be friends with was approached by an airline inviting her to work for them based on what she looked like - which is stupid because I bet she'd be useless in an emergency situation; mind you I have very bad hand-eye coordination so I'd probably have spilt tea/coffee all over passengers.
It's not just that my looks make me very susceptible to cruel remarks & potential violence.

C

Chamaeleon

Is that a typo? Did you mean week not day? My gas has been about £12-13 pw lately.
Nope 10 quid a day, during winter months. We have it on a lot. Can't afford gas at the moment so I'm wearing a jacket. Fire we have burns up too much electricity... it's like 2 quid away in a couple of hours.

DLA money is barely enough to live on as it is and these Tories doing what Tories do... cut. Back to the extreme poverty stricken days of the 80s & early 90s... Struggling for food, gas & electricity as it is here.

1 question... why are governments so cruel, the Tories especially? You know we Scottish hate the Tories for a reason, not because they are English, but because they are all rich corporate minded. They wouldn't look out of place running a large greedy corporate company... and companies don't give a f about people.

So who keeps voting for these assholes? Don't say the rich because the rich are in the minority. Why do people keep wanting to be poorer off?

Let me just say something...

See when you vote for Tories you're voting to be worse off. Scottish people are less deluded when it comes to this. Tories stand for capitalism America.

Last edited:
E

english rose

Nope 10 quid a day, during winter months. We have it on a lot. Can't afford gas at the moment so I'm wearing a jacket. Fire we have burns up too much electricity... it's like 2 quid away in a couple of hours.

DLA money is barely enough to live on as it is and these Tories doing what Tories do... cut. Back to the extreme poverty stricken days of the 80s & early 90s... Struggling for food, gas & electricity as it is here.

1 question... why are governments so cruel, the Tories especially? You know we Scottish hate the Tories for a reason, not because they are English, but because they are all rich corporate minded. They wouldn't look out of place running a large greedy corporate company... and companies don't give a f about people.

So who keeps voting for these assholes? Don't say the rich because the rich are in the minority. Why do people keep wanting to be poorer off?

Let me just say something...

See when you vote for Tories you're voting to be worse off. Scottish people are less deluded when it comes to this. Tories stand for capitalism America.
LOL I'm English & I hate the Tories, I hate Labour too mind you, I spoil my ballot paper at elections because there is nobody decent. IDS is evil, I don't know why he picks on the vulnerable, typical bully I suppose.

I think that ALL homes in Britain should be properly insulated; I hate waste (I'm a bit OCD about it), it pains me that even though there's a gas radiator in my bathroom, due to the woeful insulation - when it's very cold I need to put on an electric fan heater.

E

english rose

I would love to have solar panels on my roof, when I win the lottery I will have solar panels on the roof of my mansion - even though gas/electric bills would be no problem.

At the moment I've got pre-pay meters, but I'm having them taken out on Tuesday & replaced with 'normal' ones, this will be good because I have £750 (a gift from my mum) to live on for the duration of my appeal as I'm getting no DWP money, & the appeal is likely to last about 3 months; hopefully my quarterly gas/electric bills will arrive at about the same time the DWP backdates me for this period when I'm getting nothing & for the 6 months that I was getting £50 pw less than what I'd been getting (assuming that the upper tribunal finds in my favour).