Got my driving license back today.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They have given me a 1-year license.

Before I was given 3-year license, but obviously something has changed.

I don't have a car anyway, but I was considering one in the future.

If they just revoked my license I believe I could qualify for a discretionary freedom pass which would be useful.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

whats one o them burt- discretionary freedom pass

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

its free public transport around London.

The council may give one if you have a revoked license.
Are you claiming ESA? if so you should be entitled to a freedom pass anyway and there is also some sort of free oyster card that gives you free travel which is pretty much what a freedom pass gives you if your unemployed.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Are you claiming ESA? if so you should be entitled to a freedom pass anyway and there is also some sort of free oyster card that gives you free travel which is pretty much what a freedom pass gives you if your unemployed.
Wouldn't that be easy to abuse?

I can't believe it exists - but great if does!

-

Glad you got license burt! Even if not using it, it's good to have.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Wouldn't that be easy to abuse?

I can't believe it exists - but great if does!

-

Glad you got license burt! Even if not using it, it's good to have.
Well I'm not quite sure how it works but I know somebody who is on Job seekers and they just got a free oyster pass which is valid until 2023, it does the same as what a freedom pass does. They have a provisional drivers license.

I get my freedom pass because I get mobility on DLA

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
AFAIK you need Pip for a freedom pass. I enquired about it to my council a while back. I did not qualify.

You can get a half-price bus pass but that's it.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

AFAIK you need Pip for a freedom pass. I enquired about it to my council a while back. I did not qualify.

You can get a half-price bus pass but that's it.
I'm not on pip but I still get a freedom pass lol but thats with DLA I know that DLA was supposed to end in September...

Your council will just fob you off or maybe they aren't aware of what your fully entitled too. I'll have to ask my friend how they got there free oyster.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Disabled persons Freedom Pass eligibility | London Councils

Disability
The statutory disabilities which make someone eligible for a disabled persons Freedom Pass are:

1) People who are blind or partially sighted

2) People who are profoundly or severely deaf

3) People without speech

4) People who have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has left them with a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk

5) People who do not have arms or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms

6) People who have a learning disability that is defined as 'a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning'

7) People who, if they applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, would have their application refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Disabled persons Freedom Pass eligibility | London Councils

Disability
The statutory disabilities which make someone eligible for a disabled persons Freedom Pass are:

1) People who are blind or partially sighted

2) People who are profoundly or severely deaf

3) People without speech

4) People who have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has left them with a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk

5) People who do not have arms or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms

6) People who have a learning disability that is defined as 'a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning'

7) People who, if they applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, would have their application refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.
Oh ok Well I'm partially sighted I can only see out of one eye and the other is not clear without wearing glasses and I have difficulty with speech. I also have a learning disability. Anyway I'm getting paranoid now.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am waiting for my license. If I get a one year license it would be really irritating. I hope they give me 3 years.