• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

got a new dog

pentagram

pentagram

Hi folks, I am still here. After a long lovely summer on my own I got a sudden urge about finding a new friend. I looked around for rescued dogs at the local RSPCA places and found a lovely 2 year old collie cross. It was love at first sight, well I did have a pocketful of bikkies. I have had him just over 3 weeks. He is very very timid, and scared of lots of things. Not house trained yet, but improving.

But the best thing about Timmy is that he is just plain daft, bouncing endlessly around the house, and sitting on my head when I am in bed. I have not laughed so much for ages.

I had to do something to help me with my PTSD. I am still waiting for an EMDR therapist, now it is 17 months on the waiting list.

L

lovagemuffin

a dog can help make you feel so much more secure. nice of you to rehome and give a dog a second chance.
glad hes making you giggle too!

B

Broddo_Faggins

that's so nice. love collies, loads of personality and really smart. mine bites the wheels of the lawn mower when I cut the grass.

Rowan

Rowan

Brilliant news.:) I feel much more safe with my two rescue dogs at home even though they are small. Haha, they make a lot of noise though.;)

Any pics?:love:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes great news, get the piccies up and you Rowan

KS
xx

Chris22

Chris22

I'll kick us off then. Here's my present line up:

HappyDogs_zpsd526b2ac.jpg

Mad as a box of frogs, the lot of them! LOL-1.gif

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's wonderful! I am glad you have found such a good companion. I would love to have a dog, but alas, no pets are allowed in my apartment.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Pentagram, I am so happy for you! I have two cats and two dogs and they are wonderful for giving many laughs and great companionship. Your dog sounds so pretty and sweet. Enjoy him!

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Timmy sounds loads of fun; I'm sure he'll make you a great companion pentagram. :)
I love dogs and we always had one when I was growing up and I wish we could also have one now, but my wife has a bit of a phobia unfortunately.

D

djooj

Thats cool you got Timmy an that he makes you laugh.
Hope settles.
Not had much time with dogs, grown up with cats an kittens, one used to sit an sleep on my head when in bed. Animals are awesome!

pentagram

pentagram

update on Timmy.

He is lovely. when I take him walking he is so very friendly to all the dogs we meet and he often has chasing and being chased games with all and sundry. I have just been around town introducing him to all the shopkeepers I visit. He is very nervous of large wagons and buses and also those loud beeping noises that come from large reversing vehicles.

He has one problem that is bothering me in that as I work outdoors I take him with me to work everyday and on the way he is nearly always sick in the back of my landrover. I think he is terribly anxious about travelling and gets travel sick. I am trying a couple of new ways to help him. I have got some Kalm Aid from the vet.

and also today in the market I purchased something called a Green dog bowl:

Green Interactive Feeder for Dogs | Green Slow Feeder | VioVet

I have just watched my pooch pushing/pulling and chasing the bowl around the room trying to get at all the food. Absolutely brilliant and very funny to watch.

Aaaah happy daze.

L

lovagemuffin

if you have an inclosed garden you can throw his bowl food all over it and say find it! and he can spend hours hunting it out it really tire them out mentally.

M

Matthenwood2012

I am new to this forum and it was nice that the first post that I came across was this one. I got my dog about two years ago now and I still wake up ever day to her happy face. She just is so happy to be near me everyday, I sit sometimes and wonder what I do to make her so happy. What ever happens in your life Timmy will be there no matter what you do. When your down he will be happy. You can't put a price on it!!!

Chris22

Chris22

I just want to sit here, liking the shit out of that above post, till the cows come home! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
L Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3