• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Got a mental health assessment Tuesday

N

natalie

Hi Gothic,

That is so encouaging, and positiive, and well done, for not being sectioned, I informed you that wouldn't necessariily involve that.

Interesting that they have mentioned music, with me back in 2015, they weren't all that encouraging for that for me back then, and yep, I am still am listening to musicals and music and knitting combined, or on line combined with music.

I'd heavily watch the Onlanzapine if i were you, 20mg is a bit of abig dose, for 2 reasons, they can cause very much so weight gain, I had to come off, safely, and onto better medication, and also sleeping for long bouts of the daytime hours, lets hope sleeing wise, it won't come to that.

Have a pleasant evening,

I wish you well for your review,

Have a Happy New Year now,

Best regards,

Natalie.

Eleison

Eleison

I'm so glad to hear that it went well. I hope that the medication increases help. Take care.

S

sadgirl

Well done for being honest and actually going I know how difficult it can be just to get through the door will keep my fingers crossed for you with the medication

G

GothicRocker

Struggling a bit tonight. I had a really good evening with my other half after my appointment. Now I’m feeling really on edge and the voices are telling me scary things. I haven’t taken my medication/increase tonight because the angel I see told me that they use that sort of medication to read peoples minds. The voices are ordering me to hurt myself. Scary thing is I actually want to listen. I’m going to get a phonecall Thursday morning from my GP as she booked that in on Monday. I just don’t know how much fight is left in me.

L

linus

You are stronger than you realize. This is actually one thing you can control, you don’t have to consider it a fight, just keep up with the meds and you’ll get a breakthrough in 2 weeks or so. This is a clear way to take care of yourself.

G

GothicRocker

Thank you Linus. My GP said she would call me today but hasn’t. I’m making an appointment to see a different GP tomorrow because she is in. I feel so on edge.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hi gothic rocker, do you live with your partner. If so could you see that they made you take your medications. You need to be taking it regularly for it to work properly

G

GothicRocker

Hi Daffy. Yes my other half has decided to dispense my meds and make sure I take them as I’ve told him that the voices are trying to stop me. Thank you for replying x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Thank you for sharing your story, it really helps others.

G

GothicRocker

Hi guys,

A little update on my situation. My other half has been amazing. He's now dispensing my medication and watching me take it to make sure I do. It's so hard though because the voices are ordering me not to. If I didn't have his support, I wouldnt be able to take my medication. So I've taken the increased dosage of the medication for 2 nights (tonight is my 3rd night). I've felt a bit more myself today but I'm not sure if I'm just having a good day or if it's the meds.

I had a GP appointment this afternoon with a new GP because my doctor isn't back until Monday. She was actually really nice and has issued some pain relief which my other half is going to make sure I take. Even though I've been in agony, the voices wouldn't let me take my pain relief so it's been tough.

My other half is under the CMHT too and his care coordinator thingy person says she wants to do a joint appointment with myself and my other half. She wants to do it so we know how best to support each other. I've been a lot more open with my partner this evening about what I'm experiencing and why I haven't told him much about it and he's been amazing. We've had more communication tonight than we have done in months. It's nice.

Today's not been a bad day at all.

N

natalie

Hi Gothicrocker,

I am so pleased that you are g radually improving, yep, it's the working, correrctly not that you are anyway haven't had a bad day, so keep it up.

It's amazing that you have a wonderful, supportive and encouraging partner, supervising you to take your meds including the pain relief one.

Keep posting!

Have a better happy new year.

Best regards.