• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Got a mental health assessment Tuesday

G

GothicRocker

Hi all.

I received a phonecall off my local mental health team yesterday. They chatted about what was going on and said I need to see them on Tuesday.

They had my notes that I had written to my GP on Monday. She had faxed them over because she was concerned.

So I’ve got to make an appointment on Monday with my GP because I need more of my medication so I’ll tell her I’ve got an appointment with the CMHT the following day.

I’m really scared about the appointment on Tuesday. I know the voices are going to kick off because I’m telling people about it all. They say that the CMHT will section me and so on.

I’m just so exhausted and frightened.

W

Worriedyin

GothicRocker that is really good news, I really hope they are able to do something for you. Well done you.

You tackled your voices to speak to your GP so I am confident you can do the same with the CMHT.

S

sadgirl

Well done on getting an appointment its half the battle now you need to be honest with them about everything that's going on there not going to judge you they've probably heard it all before so please be honest

N

natalie

I am certain that the CMHT will not section you. If anything, they will asess, and hopefully prescribe the right sort of medication for you, you will not need to be sectioned.

I wish you well, and luck for Tuesday and do off course let us know how you'll get on, after you have had the assessment appointment, if you will be able to be in a position to post. Let's hope sectioning will not come to that.

However, welld one, for getting half of the battle done, via your GP.

G

GothicRocker

Thank you all for being so kind. I’m proper stressed out about the appointment. X

L

linus

Nobody is interested in getting you sectioned, actually the general practice in the last few years is to minimise any interaction with the hospital environment in such cases, you’ll recover better in community at your own pace.

Z

Zoe1

hi Gothic

like Linus said , the last thing they want to do is section you
they are desperately short of beds !
even if you have thoughts of harming anyone
they would probably not put you in hospital
they will talk to you about your thoughts
and try to treat you in the community

:grouphug: 🕯

Eleison

Eleison

I hope that your appointment goes well and is helpful for you. It's natural to be nervous. Is this the first time you've seen the CMHT?
I echo the others about treatment in the community.
Let us know how things go.

G

GothicRocker

Thanks all. I’ve seen the CMHT in the past but that was after I was hospitalised in my teens. I haven’t seen them for ages.

I feel a bit more reassured now so thank you. I’m hoping that the people I see will be nice. X

Eleison

Eleison

I'm glad that you feel reassured. I'm sure you'll see nice people.

J

JustARide

Hey @GothicRocker, I hope you're having a good day. I just thought I'd message in the hope of reassuring you about tomorrow. I had my first appointment with cmht this morning and I've been so stressed about it... turned out to be a bit of an anti-climax, certainly nothing worth the energy of getting so worked up beforehand! I met my care coordinator, she asked me questions, I answered very incompetently 🤷‍♂️😂 and that was it. She seems very nice... I left feeling like I should have given her more to work with... I have so much to say but because I'd got so worked up I just went blank. I hope you're appointment goes well and you're feeling okay about it today... please let us know how it goes (if you want to). Good luck 😊

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

hi @GothicRocker - Just to say plenty of :grouphug: for tomorrow. Can you take someone with you for emotional support?

N

natalie

Hi Gothicrocker,

I'm just touching base, catch up and checking I hope your appointment went well this morning and any posiitive or may be not, outcome results following on from the appointment this morning?

All the best.

And a Happy New Year.

G

GothicRocker

Hi everyone sorry for the slow reply.

The CMHT were very nice and I was totally honest about everything despite my voices telling me not to and getting really aggressive.

They have increased my Olanzapine to 20mg and my Sertraline to 200mg. I’m hoping this will be enough to manage what’s going on.

They did a safety plan with me which involves not going anywhere to noisy etc to help avoid triggers. He also recommended going for short walks and setting myself small tasks every day. Also recommended I carry on listening to my music as that helps.

I’m quite pleased with the outcome. I was so scared they would section me.

I just want to say a heartfelt thank you for all the support you guys gave. You made it possible for me to be honest.

I’m seeing the CMHT again on the 8th of January for a review.

Thanks again guys. X