• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Got a call from PIP people

P

Pink

They called my mum first but mum gave me the phone.

They said I have confirmed everything written on paper so they won't be calling the psychiatrist.

I bet they will turn around and give me 0 points in every section.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
They called my mum first but mum gave me the phone.

They said I have confirmed everything written on paper so they won't be calling the psychiatrist.

I bet they will turn around and give me 0 points in every section.
It sounds like they have confirmed what you have said in the form, is correct. They will have been gathering the evidence from you and your mum, to back up what is in the form.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
My form is going back to them tomorrow :(

P

Pink

Requested the report to be sent to me. I calculated a total of 11 points and it says I need to be reviewed in 18 months. Does this mean I got it?

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Requested the report to be sent to me. I calculated a total of 11 points and it says I need to be reviewed in 18 months. Does this mean I got it?
I think it means you got standard rate for personal care.

A

A1exV

In the end I made a successful claim thanks to the help of my Community Psychiatric Nurse. If it seems a bit much on your own, which it can be, it may be worth seeing if you can get a referral through your GP, or, if you have a CPN already, even better.

P

Pink

I think it means you got standard rate for personal care.
I can't believe I got it this time. At least I think so because I got some points rather than zero in every section this time round.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I can't believe I got it this time. At least I think so because I got some points rather than zero in every section this time round.
another point for personal care if you got 11 would get you the enhanced rate it may be worth apppealing

P

Pink

another point for personal care if you got 11 would get you the enhanced rate it may be worth apppealing
I would be happy with the standard rate to be honest. I don't think I meet requirements for enhanced rate.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the requirements are another point a tribunal might give you an extra point

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if you don't need the money and your living with family it's not as though food and the roof over your head are at risk, i don't know about my family parents dead though i get the feeling social services etc feel that if they leave me my sister will have to take responsibility or maybe they've honestly got nothing to offer