• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

gosh i wish i knew

P

puzzled

what is wrong with my bf - he refuses to speak about it really and also isnt registered witha doctor - for almost a year ive experienced his dark moods where he completely refuses to answer my calls and messages then just comes back says he didnt mean it - hes such a wonderful kind caring person but when he does this - i think im going mental - he admitted the last time he gets down sometimes - something to do with his friend dying - not sure - but i persuaded him to come and see me - he wasnt the person i basically knew he was unshaved unwashed and so so sad looking he stayed the weekend and to be honest it was shocking he was even dribbling from his mouth a little and i realised he had something very wrong - when he left he seemed a little happier and i kept asking him if the gremlins had gone yet - (not knowing really what i was on about ) but he would say No not yet so i said ok i kiss you every half hour lol - hes done it again - my dog died and i was so upset on the phone he too got very upset i havent heard from him since almost three weeks - i miss him and love him so much - but what can i do its making me ill - someone please advise me - thanks x

raven

raven

Take care of yourself

It really sounds like you are having a hard time at the moment. I guess the first thing I would suggest would be get back in contact and see if you can persuide him to go and see a GP. He needs to talk to one ASAP. Maybe more importantly you need to look after yourself.

I'm so sorry your dog died. I have dogs and know how close a bond you can form with them.

raven

iffybob

iffybob

3 weeks ... I take it you have tried to contact him ...

Have you been round to see him ,.. I dotn know your ages so , does he live with his parents or somone else you could talk to ..

.. it does sound like he does need to talk to some on .. a gp is his first real stop ...

P

puzzled

bf

hello there and thanks for your reply - hes in london im in notts - the first time he went quite i phone dthe police i was so worried something had happened to him they actioned it eventually and did a visit but was told by a neighbour he worked shifts and was hardly ever home so they werent concerned he eventually contacted me and told me he had been in hospital for 10 days he was crying and sorry he made excuses he had left his phone at work - i began to see a pattern forming of his quite periods - he admitted the last time that he does get down - i told him then he needed to get help - there are so many other things also like when i did go to london i found at least 100 unopened letters dating back 3 years - he obvioculsy wasnt dealing with things - but is able to put on a social mask for work ?? its all bizarre - but i still feel helpless x

iffybob

iffybob

I can understand that ..

.. it looks like he has been having probs for some time .. and the hospital is aware of them ...

.. if he is not opening mail or unable to answer the phone ... the distance between notts and london is a fair one ..

..unless you know some one in the area who will look in on him ... I dont see what you can do ..

.. unless "he" puts you down to be notified by the hospital when/if he is admitted .. they wont tell you ... !

Some people go up and down .. when they are up they can speek to people .. when they are down they cant ...

.. somtimes .. some of us do the "normal act" where we try and act as we feel normal people would ... so we can get by .. it doesnt hold up for a long time..

.. I dont realy know what to suggest unless you can get down there .. :unsure: