• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Good Old Risperidone

H

HumbleHubby

Hi all,

I have been on Risperidone since June 2019 and currently on 5mg now as well as 150mg Sertraline.

I have to say it has worked for me, it's a fast acting drug and when I take it I calm down very quicky. I normally split morning, afternoon and evening. I get easily stressed in the afternoon, emotional and sometimes hear voices so when I take it 30 minutes I am ok.

The downside of this drug is the weight gain I went from 80kg to 102kg and I get tremors in my little fingers very frequently.

The only way I am controlling this is through exercise (very limited but weight training at home and walking) and a calorie controlled diet (I recommend MyFitnessPal).

I would say since crisis point just before June and was voluntary admitted to a hospital in London, Risperidone is evil but not as bad as the symptoms of multiple personality disorder. It lowers the voices for me, calms me, stops me getting to a point where I dissociate.

If your on it, tell me your experiences.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The side effects of Risperidone are severe you can grow breasts if male and your crown jewels can suffer from sinkage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayfair

Mayfair

Mod Note: Slight edits to the thread as per forum guidelines:

Although this guideline is at the top of every page, I've post it in case it gets missed:

Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

wollie

wollie

The side effects of Risperidone are severe you can grow breasts if male and your crown jewels can suffer from sinkage.
That is interesting I have been on Risperidone for years, althogh I gained a little weight my crown jewles are ok.
I just cut down on the amount of food I was eating and now my weight is stable

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

My weight on Risperidone when I was on it the first time went through the roof but that was probably down to my steady diet of premium lager, fry ups and takeaways! Currently taking 1 mg and then going upto 2 mg and then back on a 25 mg fortnitely depot which my notes say work better on me (it doesn't depot's only work better on me as going on them coincided with me giving up special brew and white cider!). It had no effect on the family silver for me until I went upto 8 mg and then not much which was cut to a 25 mg depot as I was taking a lot of ODs and they didn't want me to have a lot of pills lying around when I was going through alcohol withdrawal induced psychosis and being on a depot is worth 2 points on the PIP and ESA forms so I'm not bothered. Its also done far more for my negative symptoms than Flupenthixhol ever did. I have norticed a mild increase in appetite since being on 1 mg but I counter it by eating cereal with fruit.

H

HumbleHubby

My weight shot up with Risperidone, went from 80kg to 102kg. I am now reducing weight to 97.5kg with a goal to get to 80kg.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That is interesting I have been on Risperidone for years, althogh I gained a little weight my crown jewles are ok.
I just cut down on the amount of food I was eating and now my weight is stable
I bet you still have moobs.