• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Good news, i hope.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I got a call yesterday from my lawyer. Social Security has scheduled a hearing date for my disability case. Its not until February but still at least I have a date now. Hopefully my case will go well, my doctor and all but one of the CMHT staff seem to think I need it. The other one says that I'm way too smart to not work. She thinks I'm completely able to work. I wont know where she gets this idea from. Yeah sometimes I'm not having a bad day and I utilize my vocabulary, but she doesn't see my bad days where I struggle to do something as simple as cooking a meal for myself.

Anyway if I get it and they give me back pay to the date I first applied I should get over $30K even after the lawyers fee. I'm told they no longer give that in a lump sum, but rather pay it $2K at a time every six months. I really do hope I get a lump sum. If so I can pay off every debt I have and buy a little piece of mountain property and start building my cabin.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hope it goes well and you win.
Good luck

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Thanks guys. I'm just so excited. I hope it doesn't end in disappointment. I'll be devastated if I don't win. If I don't then my next appeal will be at the federal level. That could drag out for fucking ever.

I have already started a list prioritizing items that I need to buy. If I do get a lump sums I am going to buy some property. I found a nice place WAY out in the country 7.6 acres totally wooded like I want it, it also has a creek running thru the property. Its so far off of the beaten path that there is no city water available there. That means I'd have to pay have a well dug. I could I suppose pump water from the creek if it is large enough. I just hope its still on the market when I get paid.

Prairie Sky

Prairie Sky

Excited for you NCY! It must be a real relief to have an end in sight. I hope all goes well for you.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Excited for you NCY! It must be a real relief to have an end in sight. I hope all goes well for you.
Thank you. Yes its good to see the light at the end of the 2.5 year tunnel.