Good meds for anxiety and depression?

EddieH

EddieH

Temazepam is good but over here they don't really prescribe stuff like that long term. I'm on serepax at the moment which great for my anxiety but they will only give me 12 pills a month. It's all probably addictive medication. On seroquel at times when things get a bit out of hand, been on cymbalta and abilify in the past on Rexulti now. I'm a bit beyond thinking there is a magic bullet in a pill that going to solve all my problems. I just stay with the ones with less side effects

L

LouiseMN

Temazepam is good but over here they don't really prescribe stuff like that long term. I'm on serepax at the moment which great for my anxiety but they will only give me 12 pills a month. It's all probably addictive medication. On seroquel at times when things get a bit out of hand, been on cymbalta and abilify in the past on Rexulti now. I'm a bit beyond thinking there is a magic bullet in a pill that going to solve all my problems. I just stay with the ones with less side effects
I don't mind being addicted to diazepam because I take a handful of pills anyway at noght. Snd, urs, I am addicted to sleep.. Where are you?

L

LouiseMN

Just heard from a friend there that had a tiger snake in their house! Is it really not there still? You must have been the one who said it was 40°C the other day.

EddieH

EddieH

Yeah we had a bit of a talk about your trip. Nice and cool now. I don't think I could cope with a snake in the house, thats crazy. Hope the cold isn't getting to you too much

L

LouiseMN

Hi there,
If you are doing ok at the moment I would be tempted to stay on
the drugs you are already on.
The same drug can be used for a variety of symptoms.
eg some antidepressants are also used for pain etc.

I’m glad you are feeling ok and hope it continues for you.
I would be interested to know what your new p doc does
if you want to share it and you don’t feel I’m being intrusive.

Best wishes, Pollypop
Thanks for your advice. I agree, don't fix what is working. I saw my new pdoc for the 3rd time yesterday. I did ask to remove the 2 mg of Abilify which was the last med my old (and he was old!) doc prescribed when I was severely depressed. It did nothing. So she removed that and went back to 5 mg, so only one Rx for that med. Saves money too!

I really like jabomg a younger, female doctor.

N

natalie

Hi, could I make a suggestion, for me personally I take Abilify original b rand, in the af ternoons, afternoons work better for me, than in the mornings, or at night.

However, and here goes, for anxiety I have just been prescribed, Pregabalin, and i swear happily by it. i started the course on 10th March, and I am much more calmer, I am hardly anxious, in terms of travelling to and from my non paid work, on occasional basis, and also when I'll be away if at all for a few days here and there.

So if anyone will have problems from mild to severe anxiety try Pregabalin, it does work. So I would mention in passing that one to the pshychartry doctors.

Also I don't suffer with depression, so I couldn't make any recommendations for medication on that note.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I don't mind being addicted to diazepam because I take a handful of pills anyway at noght. Snd, urs, I am addicted to sleep.. Where are you?
I would think not twice but 100 times before getting addicted to any benzos. Getting an addiction on diazepam is like fixing something with a bigger problem.

I was prescribed diazepam in November of last but so far I’ve only used it 3-4 times. My last appointment with my psychiatrist, I told her I only need 4 pills just in case I get overwhelmed by anxiety which has not happened in a while.

Try to gather information about it’s long term use side effects before you get trapped.

Good luck to you

L

LouiseMN

Yes I did see doc yesterday, she did not change anything except 7 mg abilify back down to 5, which I have been taking for years. She assured me I would not notice any difference.
Hi, could I make a suggestion, for me personally I take Abilify original b rand, in the af ternoons, afternoons work better for me, than in the mornings, or at night.

However, and here goes, for anxiety I have just been prescribed, Pregabalin, and i swear happily by it. i started the course on 10th March, and I am much more calmer, I am hardly anxious, in terms of travelling to and from my non paid work, on occasional basis, and also when I'll be away if at all for a few days here and there.

So if anyone will have problems from mild to severe anxiety try Pregabalin, it does work. So I would mention in passing that one to the pshychartry doctors.

Also I don't suffer with depression, so I couldn't make any recommendations for medication on that note.
Thanks for your reply. Years ago my old psychiatrist prescribed Abilify as an add on to my antidepressants. I take the generic version. I hadn't been diagnosed with anxiety until my new psychiatrist added GAD to my MDD diagnosis. I believe sometimes my anxiety caused depression or Vice versa. They always occur together.

Glad to hear Lyrica (brand name) is working for your anxiety!

N

natalie

Hi Louise,

I also forgot to mention, I always always listen to music, which helps for my mental health alot, and also I'll do knitting combined with music listening.

I;ll also workout t o my fitness dvds, and hopefully on Saturday, I'll attend zumba gold class of dance fitness.

Take care now.

L

LouiseMN

Hi Louise,

I also forgot to mention, I always always listen to music, which helps for my mental health alot, and also I'll do knitting combined with music listening.

I;ll also workout t o my fitness dvds, and hopefully on Saturday, I'll attend zumba gold class of dance fitness.

Take care now.
Thanks Natalie. I enjoy music as well, do not get enough of it. I am a reader. Nothing crafty. Good for you, knitting!

I have a home exercise routine, parts are from exercise DVDs I memorized. Zumba sounds fun, I have never done social exercising. Probably should.

N

natalie

Hi Louise,

I always used to enjoy, whilst parents and I would be away to the States, US, this is, in our earlier years, I always used to take notes of exercises, from exercise programmes, on the US television channels. I n those years, I might have been exercising to own pre recorded commericalised music tracks, on cassettes, then.

Then, my illnesses overtook, and also I could never find the range of fitness programmes, in parts of the US country, I used to have enjoyed watching many years earlier.

Depending on my physical aches and pains health, I will try to go to zumba gold, if on, on Saturday morning. I won't contact the tutor, I'll go along and check if the class is on by sight in person.

L

LouiseMN

Hi Louise,

I always used to enjoy, whilst parents and I would be away to the States, US, this is, in our earlier years, I always used to take notes of exercises, from exercise programmes, on the US television channels. I n those years, I might have been exercising to own pre recorded commericalised music tracks, on cassettes, then.

Then, my illnesses overtook, and also I could never find the range of fitness programmes, in parts of the US country, I used to have enjoyed watching many years earlier.

Depending on my physical aches and pains health, I will try to go to zumba gold, if on, on Saturday morning. I won't contact the tutor, I'll go along and check if the class is on by sight in person.
Let us know if you make it to Zumba on Saturday. I barely go to my fitness center, right now I don't want to go out in the cold into a cold car to get there. Then when it warms up I I'd rather be outside walking!

J

JCPraha

Yes, the Temazepam is quite habit forming. Most practitioners don't like people to take it on a regular basis. I take Alprazolam occassionally for sleep. It is quite helpful, but if I take it too often, it is not as effective. You take quite a few meds Louise, but I suppose they are working for you at present. I'm surprised you don't complain of any side effects.