Good jobs for SA

• Thread starter Calmlittlebuddha
  • Start date
C

Calmlittlebuddha

Hello everyone, I was wondering what a good job for someone with social anxiety would be? I am thinking cleaning classrooms at a school after the students left would be a good fit for me. I can't do anything too physical because of back problems but I also know that I can not handle working with the public. I am a very empathic person and I feel like I could bring a lot to a job that is helping people one on one, maybe a school aid. What kind of jobs do you guys have?

T

the count

I was working in a factory on a production line recently and I found it doable. Even tho there was a lot of people and noise from the machines you just stand there and do a simple task over and over and you dnt have to talk to anyone or put on a happy face, I have really bad anxiety im surprised i could manage it

C

Calmlittlebuddha

Thank you for the reply. That's great that you were able to do a job surrounded by people. I am fine around a few people at a time but I get overstimulated very easily from crowds, loud noises, bright lights. Thanks again for your input.

L

LittleMissNameless

I have SA and I work as a hotel housekeeper and rarely deal with people and after a week of training I work alone too though it is a bit labour intensive having to lift mattress and its about being fast

L

LittleMissNameless

I have SA and I work as a hotel housekeeper and rarely deal with people though it is a bit labour intensive having to lift mattresses and be fast and your on your feet all day.

C

Calmlittlebuddha

Thank you little miss, I can see how that could be labor intensive but it would be nice working totally alone. Just wondering do the cleaners you use have a strong smell to them, I also get migraines and am wondering if the smells of the products would bother me.

C

Confusedandanxious

I found working with children was great. Although I still had to speak to adults daily, it wasnt much and it was often with distractions from little ones. It was kind of like graded exposure at the same time as work.

The other job I think I'd be able to manage is working with animals. Only unless you're a vet, I dont think theres much money involved.

C

Calmlittlebuddha

Thanks so much confussd! Did you work at a daycare or after school program, that sounds really nice! I do love animals too, a doggy daycare might be nice but a little hectic. Thanks again!

C

Confusedandanxious

You're welcome. I worked at a daycare. Ages between 2-4 seem to bring about the biggest distractions. They're imaginations suck you right in and it kind of took me out of the real world, in a good way.

G

goodgollymiss

You could be a companion that sits with the elderly at nursing homes

C

Calmlittlebuddha

That sounds really nice confused! That is a good idea too good golly. Thanks everyone again for the replys!

A

Allsmiles

Hello everyone, I was wondering what a good job for someone with social anxiety would be? I am thinking cleaning classrooms at a school after the students left would be a good fit for me. I can't do anything too physical because of back problems but I also know that I can not handle working with the public. I am a very empathic person and I feel like I could bring a lot to a job that is helping people one on one, maybe a school aid. What kind of jobs do you guys have?
Hello, I suffer with this too and it’s heartbreaking because I used to be so confident and I even trained as a teacher but I’m too frightened to pursue the career out of panic and anxious feelings of standing up and speaking.
I recommend becoming a 1-1 teaching assistant. You can pick up a diploma online which makes you more attractive to the employer but it isn’t essential. I now work 1-1 with children that have adhd, autism and many other challenges and it’s so rewarding! Good luck and whatever you choose I’m sure you will be brilliant :) xxx

C

Calmlittlebuddha

Thank you for that reply Allsmiles! One on one teaching would be perfect for me. That is so great that you found a job that suites you so well, I can see how it would be a rewarding job. Thanks for the suggestion!

hicks

hicks

I'm a software developer, and that suits my personality fine. Computers don't require any kind of social interaction, they don't talk back, and generally do what you tell them to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Social Anxiety Forum 16