Good evening. I used to be me, but I do not know who I am anymore.

T

TSmith

Feeling apprehensive is normal I suppose.
My name is T. I am a 34 year old man and have two children and my partner, J. My son is 14, and my daughter is 18.

Just last year, I was tasked to help push a cantilever (racks that are made of steel beams and have 3 shelves) from my manager at a hardware store.

As you could imagine, this didn't end well for me. I was thrown and smashed by the cantilever. I don't remember a lot. I remember being pulled from under but the rest is fuzzy. My manager gave me a ride to the hospital where they did an x-ray on my leg and hip. I didn't even break a bone.
Yet, my back and left leg have left me racked in pain ever since.

It's been several months. I am in litigation as they decided I was healthy because I have no broken bones.

Only the doctor that worked for the insurance company paid for told me I was healthy. My primary said I was not and said going back to work could harm me more. Others have agreed since.

I'm 6'2", 230 lbs, so I am not small in stature. I've always worked construction or as a laborer. Now, I'm not working and my life is falling apart. I've contemplated suicide but I can't do that to my kids and my family.

I want to be me again. I'm so sick of being hurt. I'm also sick of hurting my girlfriend because I feel so shitty about myself yet feel selfish when I talk about it.

Well, that's me. Another meek voice in this electronic world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zoe1

hi T :welcome: !

I havent worked for years
so im not sure what to say
but there is a sub forum here
about work, money and benefits
which you might find helpful

looking forward to you being here

:grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Libraryman

Libraryman

Hey T.... Your in a good place. Many people here have past injury, and/or coming from a similar place. Its really hard to lose that ability to work and then have to deal with life in a whole new way.... It might seem a long ways away, but its all temporary. Dont let this bring you down. Start writing. Start a journal. Try something new. Gather all of your best things in life and keep your family close during this time. Try deep breathing. Meditate in the way that works for you and makes you happy, if anything, just to keep your mind in the right lane and keep things organized.

Warrior

Warrior

Hey T.... Your in a good place. Many people here have past injury, and/or coming from a similar place. Its really hard to lose that ability to work and then have to deal with life in a whole new way.... It might seem a long ways away, but its all temporary. Dont let this bring you down. Start writing. Start a journal. Try something new. Gather all of your best things in life and keep your family close during this time. Try deep breathing. Meditate in the way that works for you and makes you happy, if anything, just to keep your mind in the right lane and keep things organized.
Some nice suggestions there Libraryman (y)

Warrior

Warrior

My primary said I was not and said going back to work could harm me more
:welcome: to the forum T and nice to have you with us...my son in law went through something similar to you but was took off his bike instead and his doctor referred him to physio, ask for and also a letter from your primary stating your not able to work yet, you would most likely have to pay for a letter and take you case up with a different insurance company who deal in claims for accidents.

Your going to feel low but thinking suicide will hurt your partner and children even more than how you are now, think more positive and @Libraryman as given you some good help also and try and go for what I've mentioned push for physio :hug: