• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Good day turned bad.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I don't know if this is the right area to post this but I'm gonna do it anyway. Got up yesterday and hit the ground running, was cracking jokes and feeling pretty good, calm and relaxed. Later on in the afternoon while I was out walking the dog had a panic attack come on which rocked me back a little bit. Sure enough the depression followed not long after and now my mood is as grey as the Birmingham sky. Was nice to be up for a short while though.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi Mad Hatter

Got up yesterday and hit the ground running, was cracking jokes and feeling pretty good, calm and relaxed. Later on in the afternoon while I was out walking the dog had a panic attack come on which rocked me back a little bit. Sure enough the depression followed not long after and now my mood is as grey as the Birmingham sky. Was nice to be up for a short while though.
What do you think brought on the panic attack? Do you have them often? have you learnt any techniques to deal with them?

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I was free of them for a few years after CBT but recently they are coming back. Had another one today too, looks like a good start to the new year.

mischief

mischief

Admin
I was free of them for a few years after CBT but recently they are coming back. Had another one today too, looks like a good start to the new year.
:( They can be very energy sapping. What have the triggers been? Has anything changed in your life? I know a number of people have found the Panic Attacks Workbook by David Carbonell (see Panic Attacks Help: Overcome Panic & Anxiety Attacks!) quite useful. Such a workbook could be a good reminder of what you learnt during the CBT.

Last edited: