Going to my disability hearing tomorrow I am scared

J

Jules5

Hi I am from the USA and we call ESA here SSID Social Security Income Disability. I have my hearing in the morning and I am scared. I feel like a normal person but if I think of my life as it is it is pretty devasting. I hear and see things and stay in foom most of the day. I do not like going out of the house which was never like me before. Any advice on what to say Hugs to all

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,im so sorry you are going through this
I truly hope it goes in your favour x
is there anything you can do to try take your mind off it until tomorrow?
like maybe watch a movie and try have something nice to reward yourself with tomorrow after going to the appt
lots of love Lu xxxx

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Jules I hope your appointment goes well, i wish you luck (not that you'll need luck i'm sure of it) :hug:

J

Jules5

I feel restless and unable to manage very well right now Thank you Lu

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi Jules.I hope it goes well for you.

J

Jules5

I do not know what happened to me two and half years ago. Definitely not the same person I feel horrible and I hate being sick like this. Not sure if I will get this across to the judge or not. I actually have a job interview on Thursday Weird how all this stuff happens Hugs to all

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Good luck with that. How scary. :hug:

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Please do let us know how it goes?

J

Jules5

Everything was good just very anxious to get out of there. The Judge asked a lot of questions too many and then My lawyer asked me a whole bunch more-mainely about daily activities do I watch tv read books-The main focus my lawyer got across is I have poor concentration and inability to focus so questions were geared around this I will not find out an answer for at least a month or more. I guess they write up a fifteen page answer summary and they have understudies writing up all the decisions so they are busy. I am hoping I have a job interview the day after tomorrow I will take the job as I heard it will not effect my benefits directly I am allowed to make a certain amount that they will deduct from my monthly award if I get on disability. Thank you everyone for caring means a lot. Hugs and love to everyone

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1