• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Going to have to move again

katya

katya

Moved in with my parents to get away from an abusive situation. My dad used to be abusive when he was a kid, and things haven't changed.

This is like a nightmare that doesn't fucking end.

This'll be the fourth time I've moved.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry you are having to go and move again, I really hope it calms down for you soon xxx

katya

katya

I'm just in fucking pieces. Why are people so fucking horrible to each other?

I can't live with the anxiety anymore.

Need my own place.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Do you mean your Dad is abusive to you?

I'm so sorry this whole living situation scenario has been so crap and for so long.:hug1:

When I was living in the family home with my abusive brother, I remember my psychiatrist at the time telling me that she could give me all the drugs and therapy in the world, but my mental health would never improve as long as I was living in that situation.

Having a home where you can truly relax and feel safe is so important.
Is having a place on your own do-able financially? I really hope so. It sounds like you desperately need your own little sanctuary. x

katya

katya

Do you mean your Dad is abusive to you?

I'm so sorry this whole living situation scenario has been so crap and for so long.:hug1:

When I was living in the family home with my abusive brother, I remember my psychiatrist at the time telling me that she could give me all the drugs and therapy in the world, but my mental health would never improve as long as I was living in that situation.

Is having a place on your own do-able financially? I really hope so. It sounds like you desperately need your own little sanctuary. x
I told him to be quiet while we were watching the political debates and he went fucking mental. Slamming things, pointing at me, shouting in my face, saying, "YOU DON'T COME IN THIS HOUSE AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHILE I'M WATCHING TV." I was like, "Dad, I've just left an abusive situation," and he was like, "YOU'RE putting ME in an abusive situation!"

I need fucking out. I can't deal with people like this anymore. I thought I'd woken up from this nightmare.

I feel like a scared little kid again.

Can't stop shaking and crying.

Need to get out soon.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Have you contacted Women's Aid at all?
They're not just there for people being abused by a romantic partner, they help people who are being abused by family members too. I's just a thought.

Imagining wrapping you up in a blanket of safety and love.. you shouldn't have to deal with that. :sorry: :hug1:

katya

katya

Yeahyeah, I earn enough to pay the rent on another place. It'll be shit in May 'cause I'm still paying rent on the other place, but it's do-able. I've sent emails for two fully furnished places near work. Hopefully I'll be able to move in immediately.

katya

katya

I was so stupid to believe that things would be different here now. I just didn't want to see it.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I do really hope you can find somewhere else as quick as possible and not mess yourself up money wise.

xxx

katya

katya

Have you contacted Women's Aid at all?
Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do in the short-term. A friend's offered I could stay with him. I think he might be in love with me though, so I'm thinking of a hotel instead. I don't really know.

katya

katya

I'm beginning to think that I must be the deciding factor in all of this. It's hard to draw any other conclusion.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm beginning to think that I must be the deciding factor in all of this. It's hard to draw any other conclusion.
Hey, the way people have treated you is their own shit - it's nothing to do with you at all. Please don't feel like you had a part to play in any of this. I know it's not easy to believe when you're feeling low, but seriously..:hug1:

A hotel or B&B might be an option. If you are really unsafe, there are always refuges that you can stay at. x

katya

katya

I think I'm safe for now. Luckily, when my dad gets like this, he goes to bed or fucks off in his car. I'm going to my nan's with my mum tomorrow so we can get out of the house. When I get a place, she's going to stay with me. She's been normalising this shit for years and is ill with stress.

Unique1

Unique1

So sorry you are having to put up with this right now there's nothing worse.
hope it gets sorted quickly for you. You don't deserve it.
thinking if you, as I understand how it feels.

xxx