• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Going to give in

• Thread starter TheSadnessWillLastForever
  • Start date
TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I haven't self harmed in 12 days but I'm about to give it all up. I've been struggling with body image and I've been restricting my food intake but I messed up yesterday and I gained. On top of those feelings my best friend of 12 years is suicidal and she is shutting me and everyone else out. Not asking for help and im terrified I'm going to lose her to suicide like I lost the love of my life not so long ago. I'm just dealing with too much and I don't think I can handle it anymore. I need the good feeling, I need that good feeling even for a moment. I just need to breathe.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Forum Guide
Well done for struggling against such a hard thing to battle against like self harm. Do you have any support when it comes to your body image issues? As stresses such as these will likely exacerbate things for you. With your suicidal friend all you can really do is try and be there for them, but if they are shutting people out then that creates a difficult barrier. I have experienced that powerlessness myself in the past. It is a very tough place to be. Are there others aware of how they are doing that are closer to them? Who do you have in your life that you can go to, with your own feelings of finding it hard to cope? Because it is also important you look after yourself.

If you have concern about your own wellbeing may be worth reaching out for yourself.