• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Going to doctors on Wednesday :-(

R

Rhiannon_m

I'm going to the doctors on Wednesday to get a mental health plan done up which he will then find out about my self harm marks. What is everyone's experience. What did they do or ask? I have shown a doctor before when I was 17 but I have a new doctor and want to know everyone's experience and what they may do? I'm scared and nervous about Wednesday :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi, I don't have any experience so I'm unable to help.
I hope it all goes well for you. X

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi, I hope it goes well - in my experience drs ask what they are/what they are from - depending on your answer they then try to delve a little more into your issues - are you receiving help / do you have support that sort of thing. If the marks are current try your best to be honest, open and importantly know what you want from their services. If they're old, I often say it's my past, they don't go on then x
Good luck x

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't have experience but I think going to the doctors about it and getting proper help can only be a good thing.

Maybe write down some things you think might be relevant to ask or to tell?

Good luck xxx