• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Going through GAD

M

MarshmallowBeans

Hello I have GAD and I'm struggling a bit right now. I've been on the phone all morning arranging help for myself. I just really want to reach out and talk to someone who undertands in the meantime whilst I wait for this other supposrt.

Jolly

Jolly

Hi. I suffer GAD and currently seeing a therapist who is really good. At the moment o do mindfulness and deep breathing. She somehow taught me not to think of tomorrow which I always did and then it would get worse. I also take 2mg diazepam which I have been on for a long time and would not recommend it as it so addictive. I also don’t sleep well and usually up at 3 or 4. Have you spoke to your GP about your situation. It is a debilitating disorder without any doubt

M

MarshmallowBeans

I have, today in fact. I'm going on some new meds which is scary to me because I always worry about side effects. I also have a talking therapies appointment on Tuesday (phone consultation) which can't come quick enough for me. I just really want to talk about anything.

Jolly

Jolly

May be do a timeline for yourself and then the therapist won’t be all over the place. I see mine face to face. Meds usually take a while to get into your system but good luck with them. Just join in conversations on the forum as people are so supportive and helpful

M

MarshmallowBeans

Thank you for the advice. I'll try my best to reach out.

Jolly

Jolly

Just enjoy the forum. Try and do a timeline so that your therapist gets a better perspective and then can individually give you the right advice on what to do. That is what I did if I did not want to talk about the past.

M

MarshmallowBeans

The timeline is a great idea. It will be useful definitely. I'm looking at the chillout zone right now and checking on some light hearted posts.

Jolly

Jolly

It is such a good forum. People from the US will be awake later as well

M

MarshmallowBeans

ah yes that's good. It'll be lovely to have more people to talk to.

M

MarshmallowBeans

I can totally do that. It'll be nice to reach out to people.

Jolly

Jolly

It certainly is. Everyone is really nice. I just join in and add my bit and then I may also get the help I need

M

MarshmallowBeans

That's very good, thank you for chatting in the meantime.