• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Going through an episode.

D

Dagoon

Over the last few days I've been having an episode. So I thought I would share. Maybe help others.
The tiredness is unreal, I feel as if I cant keep my eyes open, my face feels tight like if I smile it will crack.
My head hurts so bad, its like a headache that will never go, when I think about it, its like a black cloud, its thick like treacle, its like a dead weight on my head and it won't go, I take tablets hoping the pain will lesson but it never does, how can it? The pain is mental rather then physical, its not going. So ill lay in bed (yes ill lay in bed) until it passes. Going out on walks etc doesn't always work, and I may bump into people and I dont want that for now.
I just need to ride it out. Ride it out until it goes.
Anyone else have this?

B

beautywithin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi hope it passes soon for you, i understand how you feel, i would lay in bed all day if i could. Keeping my kids in a routine helps get me off my butt. Plus i work and ive let my work suffer before when i have had an episode so the most recent episode i had i still forced my self to go. For me i withdraw i go really quite i hardly talk and that is with everyone. Verbal or by text and it does take a while to pass so i understand how you feel.

D

Dagoon

Hi. I have no children and I work 2 12 hours a week. So I do have time to myself. Too much I know. But I used to work too much so this is a good balance for me. I had a breakdown several years ago. I just gave up everything. Withdrew into myself. Tried to kill myself. I got myself out of that place with hard work and determination. The doctors didn't or couldn't help other then medication. So I ride out the days I cant handle so I can deal with the days I work.
Not easy but I get there. Eventually.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Over the last few days I've been having an episode. So I thought I would share. Maybe help others.
The tiredness is unreal, I feel as if I cant keep my eyes open, my face feels tight like if I smile it will crack.
My head hurts so bad, its like a headache that will never go, when I think about it, its like a black cloud, its thick like treacle, its like a dead weight on my head and it won't go, I take tablets hoping the pain will lesson but it never does, how can it? The pain is mental rather then physical, its not going. So ill lay in bed (yes ill lay in bed) until it passes. Going out on walks etc doesn't always work, and I may bump into people and I dont want that for now.
I just need to ride it out. Ride it out until it goes.
Anyone else have this?
I had a bad episode at the end of October. It felt like something I was never going to get out of. I had such horrible paranoia, anxiety, and depression for like 2 solid weeks. I had about 3 doctor’s appointments during this time because of how bad I felt. It eventually passed after about 2-3 weeks and now I’m feeling better. I hope your episode passes soon. Just hang in there.

D

Dagoon

I had a bad episode at the end of October. It felt like something I was never going to get out of. I had such horrible paranoia, anxiety, and depression for like 2 solid weeks. I had about 3 doctor’s appointments during this time because of how bad I felt. It eventually passed after about 2-3 weeks and now I’m feeling better. I hope your episode passes soon. Just hang in there.
Hi thank you

Mine dont actually stop. I get a few days where I'm OK. Then it's back. You get used to it. Its just horrible when it happens. And actually quite painful. Im having a little reprieve at the moment so its good.

B

beautywithin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mine dont pass for very long before im having another episode, some arent as bad as others and some are hard to cope with. Hang in there and hold on to your good days

D

Dagoon

Mine dont pass for very long before im having another episode, some arent as bad as others and some are hard to cope with. Hang in there and hold on to your good days
Hi

Thank you! You get it. At the moment its lasted nearly 6 days. Ive not had any ups inbetween which I normally have a few hours rest bite but not this time. But! The Monday and Tuesday before last I was so up and was cleaning cooking and really happy. Its crazy.

B

beautywithin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I do get it, im the same and it is hard, your good days will come and even just your neutral ones will be a blessing. You got this keep going and most of all be kind to your self

D

Dagoon

I do get it, im the same and it is hard, your good days will come and even just your neutral ones will be a blessing. You got this keep going and most of all be kind to your self
Yes. The neutral days are great your not too up or too down. Its great.