• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

going on 5 years of getting my shit together for real this time.

S

stephy k

im 37 female. im in remission from BPD and panic disorder. I have been misdiagnosed in the past with BP2 and ptsd. I currently endure major anxiety and clinical depression. im not an asshole anymore so why do I have no friends? my story is long and twisted. few little things --brother killed himself 10 years ago at age of 17 our childhood was traumatic. I have 2 daughters I gave up 9 years ago( to their dads /2 diff dads) the eldest hates me hasn't spoken to me in 6 years my youngest and I have a wonderful relationship. I managed a sex shop for 4 years and was once a receptionist at a brothel. I have tattoos and an undercut cos I can't have purple hair at new job, and I've been arrested and charged but not convicted. ive had orgys I have ridden on motorcycles with no shoes ive been to places I never knew existed and when I got there I walked in fukd shit up and walked out. I have had more money pass through my hands than people will see in a lifetime. I was an asshole who was never lonely always someone with me. Now im not that crazy asshole anymore I have no friends. weird that. I used to be the loudest in the room, now im lucky if I get noticed in any room. I got hit by a car too. been in 4 car accidents and my foot got chewed up in a dirt bike once. I was a crazy asshole everyone wanted to be around. now im a good decent person living clean and ive never been so lonely in my life.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Stephy, welcome to the forums. Wow, you sure have had quite a few wild life experiences. You are lucky that you have made it this far I think. How does it feel to be living a reformed life? You mentioned that you are lonely but do your feel positive about having made the change in lifestyle? Are you noticing any benefits to be leading a healthier, lower key life? xo, j

S

stephy k

hi! Thanks for replying! I love how I am now, im a much more empathic person who understands finally that my actions affect other people, the world no longer revolves around me! wow I don't even recognise the person I once was. I would never go back. im just not used to not having any friends that are attached to my hip. ive never spent so much time alone. although lonely I think this is part of my recovery. I need to learn how to make new healthier friendships. that's why im here I just wanna lay it all out there and see what happens. :)

tabris

tabris

Hello and welcome! You sure have been through a lot in life. We are here to be your support if you feel as if you don't have enough. It's good that you've been able to reflect and make progress. Hope you enjoy your time here :)

jajingna

jajingna

I'm curious what sort of friends you had back then. Probably not the sort you'd want much to do with anymore.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M hi, new here just trying to understand what's going on with me Introduce Yourself 3
F Depressed and struggling to keep going. Introduce Yourself 6
D My life is going downhill, is it my fault? Introduce Yourself 9
D Not sure what is going on Introduce Yourself 5
A Feel like I'm going crazy but can't get any help Introduce Yourself 5
G I feel like im going to wreck Christmas. Introduce Yourself 19
S Hi everyone I’m (insert thumbs up cat.jpg) rlly going through it Introduce Yourself 4
B I don't even know what the heck is going on anymore Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, longing to exchange with humans who are going through similar situations. Introduce Yourself 6
AustralianDeb1986 Hoping for a little kindness to keep me going Introduce Yourself 16
C What is going on Introduce Yourself 2
T new To This Forums Going Through Alot Lately Introduce Yourself 15
D I'm scared of going to work Introduce Yourself 2
J My name is Jackie I am 55years old and suffer from anxiety and depression. I feel like Im going off my head. Help x Introduce Yourself 35
_8CHU hello ,, this may be a lot but if i'm going to introduce myself i might as well say it all i guess :) Introduce Yourself 9
P Going off Lithium Introduce Yourself 2
H Hi I'm new here.I think im going crazy. Introduce Yourself 7
I I dont know what’s going on anymore Introduce Yourself 6
totalgerm feel like I'm going to shit myself, lol Introduce Yourself 7
R Hi think I'm going crazy Introduce Yourself 6
I New Here. Life is Hard :( i keep going but I want to give up. Introduce Yourself 4
UnderstandingCherry Tell me where I'm going wrong, because I don't know anymore Introduce Yourself 15
D Is this ever going to end? Introduce Yourself 3
S Still going, just, and still confused.... Introduce Yourself 9
S Not sure what’s going on Introduce Yourself 2
V Hello, I think I’m going nuts... Introduce Yourself 2
J Depersonalization derealisation , anxiety and fear of losing my mind , or going crazy Introduce Yourself 4
M Confused about what's going on inside my head Introduce Yourself 7
S Im scared I'm going insane? Introduce Yourself 4
J Going through a bad patch this is some of my story Introduce Yourself 4
N What the hell is going on ????? Introduce Yourself 2
Onajourney29 Going With The Mental Illness Ebb & Flow... Introduce Yourself 4
S hi to everyone going through difficult times Introduce Yourself 21
R Am I going mad? Introduce Yourself 7
milkshake going to a tribunal, help Introduce Yourself 6
R What's Going On? Introduce Yourself 4
D Why do I make stupid mistakes at work? Am I going crazy? Introduce Yourself 2
R going round and round Introduce Yourself 3
S Hows it going Introduce Yourself 3
A I feel like I'm going to emotionally explode Introduce Yourself 3
C Please tell me I am not going mad!!!!! Introduce Yourself 3
P When the going gets tough, the tough join a forum. Introduce Yourself 6
J Not sure whats going on Introduce Yourself 3
A What Is Going On? Introduce Yourself 5
N My name is neil. Im an ex nurse and i suffer from p t s d and sever depression. Including anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered this for 15 years a Introduce Yourself 13
A First time on anything like this .Been I’ll for years with depression anxiety.Hoping to be able to share with others and here there stories and coping Introduce Yourself 10
E Couple of years since I was here... Introduce Yourself 7
A Hi my name is Angela. I have had depression for over 20 years. Medication and therapy stopped working. Today is day three for TMS treatment. Introduce Yourself 10
M Motorcycle lady, here goes I've suffered with depression for a number of years and as well as being ADHD with RSD Introduce Yourself 4
Sandinic Hi Again! Been years! Introduce Yourself 2