• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Going off Haldol tonight will I be ok?

GoghTardis

GoghTardis

My pdoc gave me the ok to go off my antipsychotics. I have been tapering two weeks. What should I be ready for tonight with no Haldol?

Jelly

Jelly

I don't know but i would guess insomnia and an onslaught of thoughts - a busier mind.

I always think now that i've been through far worse than this, whatever this is, so i can handle anything. You can handle whatever happens, you have been through worse, the psychiatrist thinks you can handle without it.

GoghTardis

GoghTardis

I don't know but i would guess insomnia and an onslaught of thoughts - a busier mind.

I always think now that i've been through far worse than this, whatever this is, so i can handle anything. You can handle whatever happens, you have been through worse, the psychiatrist thinks you can handle without it.
Thanks!
I took Xanax before bed and slept well. I was really expecting panic and waking up to a demon next to my bed again. I have a headache now though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2