• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

going nuts!

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hell i am totally screwed being schizophrenic seemed ok in the beginning but this.............this unpersonality of a negative of a person! i dont exist anymore i cant concentrate on a movie anymore apparently. i have a thick deep feeling of depression and doom every evening what can i do?????????

I

IntrospectionFtw!

I know what u mean about being ok in the beginning i didnt mind it at first i actually thought it gave me character...i also understand the frustration of not being able to concentrate on basic things do things that u should do naturally but u kinda have to direct ur mind to it..like watching a movie being imersed in it as a example...that can be better on certain meds after a few months on olanzapine i feel practically brain dead but on abilify and quetiapine it wasnt as bad...i think they want u to believe its the so called negative symptoms of psychosis and they may have a point too a certain degree because the right antidepressent can also improve that...what meds are u currently taking?

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi introspection i take 60mg of citralopram and 200mg of seroquel at night but once i can get it sorted i'm having a med review and going to change to ablify ive heard its better whats your experience with ablify? thanks for the reply diddy

I

IntrospectionFtw!

hi introspection i take 60mg of citralopram and 200mg of seroquel at night but once i can get it sorted i'm having a med review and going to change to ablify ive heard its better whats your experience with ablify? thanks for the reply diddy
its probably one of the better ones ive been on...i found it a pain to get onto
made me very anxious and paranoid at first you can tell straight away it doesnt work like those sedative ones...it was ok my mood felt better on it
i didnt feel zonked out felt more socialable and motivated to do more...but it in the end it almost sent me too manic it also made my ocd terrible and it will make u very anxious, have u tried effexor? its the only antidepressent that did anything for me.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there no i havent tried effexor i was on seroxat before this one and i had a terrible time coming off thet real bad withdrawals for about 2 weeks. ive heard that ablify is good because it doesnt just block the dompamine it replaces the levels or something. i go on schizophrenia.com the website and they all say that its difficult at first but then it calms down a bit. diddy:)

I

IntrospectionFtw!

yh it doesnt just lower the levels like say olanzapine does if your dopamine levels are too low it raises them it also has a effect on serotonin and antidepressant properties...it has less side effects aswell but i did have palpitations on it...combined with a high dose of effexor it can be pretty effective mainly cause of the effects on dopamine...im still waiting for the new anti depressants to be put on the market Vilazodone and valdoxan
they have very good anixolytic properties and work completely different...

for drug information try erowid.com and bluelight.ru. they go more into the details of how they work and discuss drugs alot...wikipedia is also useful.

P

phoenixx

im currently tacking abilify 20mgs and i can say this is the best med i have tacken upto now with no side effects,or drozy feelings it has also made me feel a bit more motivated than other meds did. came off rispiridone due to weight gain, and have now just came off quetiapine due to no positive effects. i still hear voices from time to time quietly,but other symptoms have decreased dramatically, i am very anxous and possibly paranoid but dont think this is due to the medication. am tacking lorazapam at presnt to ease these feelings.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
thanks intro and pheonix now i know i'm going for the right medication i need more motivation and not to feel knocked out all the time like i do with seroquel
thanks again diddy:D

F

Frings

hi diddy

i also struggle to concentrate on watching movies.. any longer than 90 minutes and i usually lose interest. same with reading, before i became ill i could read for hours, but not now

good luck with the change of meds, i hope they work well for you

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi friggs its not just with movies its other things too its like everywhere i go an everything i do just dont get satisfaction from it. today i took my dog maizie to the beach but i'm so paranoid around people it felt like evryones against me i dont want to give up but how much can a person take? by the way i dont mean off myself mean going out and about on my own. tonight i watched the soloist its about a schizophrenic cellist but the whole village is against me so how can i enjoy it! boy i need therapy ive been given 10 sessions and told to hop it i resent that. goodnight diddy:)

F

Frings

i get very little satisfaction from life and im very very tired of having paranoia... i know what youre saying as i have the same problems. what can you do? i dont know.. perhaps the boffins can find a cure for it some day...:rolleyes:

btw the soloist sounds like a good film i might try and grab a copy when the local library gets it

Last edited:
I

IntrospectionFtw!

my advice never take their medication in the first place.

btw ive seen the soloist thought it was ok bit depressing..prefer some voices and a beautiful mind

Last edited:
F

Frings

hi introspection

ive made a note of "some voices" to see when i can. a beautiful mind was a good film. i like to watch films about schizophrenia, seen a few - shine, angel baby, spider, thru a glass darkly.. its true though that most are depressing, but then thats the nature of the beast schizophrenia

Last edited:
R

rasselas

"Clean, shaven" is rather good, much more of an authentic portrayal of the psychotic overload than the majority I've seen.

A Beautiful Mind should have been called A Beautiful Lie. It peddles the convenient untruth that John Nash recovered and returned to his academic career because of the stabilsing/restoring magic of 'antipsychotic' tranquilisers.

In truth he got his life back by doing a runner from the priests of psychiatry and their weird bible and rituals! He was helped through tender loving care.

Pah! I remember when the film came out and I posted this fact on a mental health forum. I was not expecting the pro-psychiatric, hysterical backlash that ensued. I was called a liar, a fraud, an idiot. I was making it up. Hollywood wouldn't lie!

Give me strength...

http://documentaryheaven.com/a-brilliant-madness-–-john-nash/

:)

I

IntrospectionFtw!

yh i forgot to point that out the other day...that the director or writers mother was a psychiatric doctor and she convinced him to change the story saying that nash decided to take the new atypicals when he was older i think she was worried people would stop taking their medications and it would do more harm than good...i like the film even if it has its inaccuracies and is slightly sensationalised he never had visual hallucinations and their extremely rare in themselves...i just like the film the actings good and its a intriguing, inspirational story....his sons really smart aswell but unfortunatly inherited the disease he takes atypicals and nash himself says their not all that bad.

Last edited: