• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Going back to work after psychosis?

L

leugim1

How was your experience of going back to work after psychosis? I am 80% recovered, but a bit nervous to go back to work as my motivation and social skills are not at 100%. Will they come back?

I am still on 4,5mg of Vraylar (antipsychotic) if you think it influences...

S

SomeGirl15153

Personally, I still have delusions where I think people are talking badly about me or somehow have a grudge against me. Also I feel like I get signs from the satellites through the television at work or when people are talking to me. Like it’s a code for something else.

However my main coping mechanism is being able to ask myself, “Is this logical thinking?” When I determine it’s not I can distract myself from the delusions.

I noticed I’m not 100% better at work after psychosis but after a while you learn to manage and cope.

W

Warriorprincess1985

How was your experience of going back to work after psychosis? I am 80% recovered, but a bit nervous to go back to work as my motivation and social skills are not at 100%. Will they come back?

Are you still on vraylar? What symptoms does it cover?

R

Rex Smith

Vraylar? What's your opinion about it and how long have you been taking it? My bipolar ex roommate was prescribed Vraylar for 6 months and it worked great. Psychiatrists are really pushing it since it's the most recently approved atypical antipsychotic.

R

Rex Smith

Are you still on vraylar? What symptoms does it cover?
It acts as a partial agonist at the dopamine D3/D2 receptors and at the serotonin 5-HT1A receptors, and has antagonist activity at serotonin 5-HT2A receptors.

It's primarily being marketed for bipolar 1. To treat the episodes that occur in bipolar patients. It's an atypical antipsychotics so it's also used for schizophrenia but highly expensive than alternative antipsychotics.

L

leugim1

Vraylar? What's your opinion about it and how long have you been taking it? My bipolar ex roommate was prescribed Vraylar for 6 months and it worked great. Psychiatrists are really pushing it since it's the most recently approved atypical antipsychotic.
Hey! The things is I have been on 3 different antipsychotics since January 2019. I never really noticed the difference from one to another. I did notice that antipsychotics numb me, lower my motivation and cognitive skills. But they definitely “cured” my positive symptoms!!