• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

goin privately?? last resort please help

J

jbenzieriya

[sorry cant edit title on other post so posting again]

i have had contact with mh services for a gud 16 years now but have constantly been discharged and denied any form of treatment and i still dont seem to be making any real progress in bein able to have an appointment with someone other than just the access team/equivalent in camhs

i managed to get some counselling via a charity which i have been goin to for 2 years now and only now i realise this is goin to take a lot longer than i initially thought goin by the fight you have to give just to get 6 sessions of therapy, more like over 100 and still not got very far but ive got somewhere...

i am wondering about doin some things privately - i have a substantial amount of savings that are depleating rapidly anyway due to having benefit cut - except i dont know where to start and what to look at

i already had to pay £30/week for my counselling as a result of charity running low on funds

anyone have any advice?? i am really running out of options, even after 16 years i still have never even seen a care plan

T

TabbyToes

I'd make your first stop your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist. I'd also ask them about who should be providing your care plan.

Care plans have been around for a while, but it's been a shorter period of time that patients have really had an input ~ or should have received copies of theirs. I doubt it's unusual for you to not have ever received one. That doesn't mean that you can't ask for and expect to receive one.

Your GP should be able to tell you who would be responsible for your care plan, but if they can't help, contact your MHS team and ask to speak to the person who is responsible for co-ordinating CPN's and MHSW and see how you get on there.

J

jbenzieriya

they say they have nothing suitable for me and discharge me every time

i never have made it past the assessment, i have never had a care plan

last time i saw them and asked, they said that i dont have a care plan because there are no services available for me

T

TabbyToes

Everyone with a long-term condition can have a care plan if they want one. Basically, it's an agreement between you and health and/or social services to help you manage your health day-to-day.
http://www.nhs.uk/YourHealth/Pages/CarePlans.aspx

they say they have nothing suitable for me and discharge me every time
Is that the MH services in your area?

Is your doctor supportive? Can you talk to him/her and see what support they can give you in persuing some NHS therapy. I do not buy the fact they can't offer you anything in the form of therapy, given you say you've benefitted from it.

I know it's hard, and you may not be up to it, but have you thought of putting in a complaint about the way you have been dealt with? I know that some people would be really concerned about doing that, but having written to someone about my care, things were sorted out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 22