• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

God bless my little friend

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
It is with a sad and heavy heart that I give the news of the passing of my dear loving little Cairn Terrier Monet. A complete shock to me and a heavy blow. He was 13 years old was the most loving little dog. I don't want to go into details and I realise people may find it weird how emotional others get over their pets but, that's the way things are.

The pain I feel right now is very intense and to be honest I've cried so much and right now I feel this is the final blow that sends me spinning back into the dark pit I hurt so so bad a light has gone out in my life but there is a new star in heaven tonight.

PerfectSurvivor

PerfectSurvivor

Former member
I posted this story once before but can't find the thread, It hurts loosing a dog they are our best friends in many ways. Anyway here is the story hope you like it,

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that his faithful dog had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. As he reached the wall, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch, and the street that led to the gate made from pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water? We have traveled far," the man said.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment, remembering all the years this dog remained loyal to him and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going. After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road, which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water? We have traveled far."

"Yes, sure, there's a faucet over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in and help yourself."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to his dog.

"There should be a bowl by the faucet; he is welcome to share."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned faucet with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. We're just happy that they screen out the folks who'd leave their best friends behind in exchange for material things."

prairiechick

prairiechick

Former member
I am so sorry to hear about your little dog friend. That is a loss that you need to take the time to grieve. Personally speaking, I think God welcomes our pets, because he did create them after all.

N

Nicola398

Former member
I am sorry about the loss of you beloved pet Mad Hatter.It isn't weird at all that you are in such pain at the loss of your dog.To me animals are just the same as humans, is that an extreme thing to think and feel?I think not.They feel, understand and communicate just like us and have souls too.I think people that don't connect with animals and see that they are fully sentient emotional beings exactly like us have not got a clue about real life.I know you are n tremendous pain.God loves your pet dog and has welcomed him into the spirit world, fear not, we will all be reunited with our loved ones and our deceased pets when our time comes.Your little Terrier,Monet will be being cared for and you have to grieve his loss it hurts so bad I know, it is a blow and leaves you reeling.Be kind and gentle to yourself, it is a massive shock and leaves a big gap in your life to lose your animal companion,I myself never quite stop missing my lost pets, each one is special to me and uniquely special,I hope you will be strong , it is a very sad time and of course you have a heavy heart.God will bless you friend and keep him safe with him in heaven have no fear.Warmest wishes.NicolaX

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Thanks for your kind words, I am consoling myself with the fact that I gave Monet plenty of love and gave him a good life. I forced myself into work today and being busy helped but coming home with no wagging tail to greet me is heart breaking.

N

Nicola398

Former member
It s good that Monet was loved and had a good life.You miss him a lot I know, also be glad he is not suffering in any way.I see you have scared up as your mood indicator, it sounds like Monet meant a lot to you and has left a huge gap, has losing him caused the scary feelings?Do you have family and friends to comfort you?Hugs and my sympathy.Hope you can find a way to comfort yourself through this time of loss.:hug:

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I am really sorry about your dog. I lost mine last year and I dont think its weird that you feel it so much. My dog was my life -After she went I was more in hell than ever. I have recently got a new dog but he will never replace my other one. I really hope you manage to get through this bad time

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Really sorry to hear about your loss too.
Dogs are just so special, aren't they? You must be devastated. :hug1: x