• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

God and Hearing Voices...

R

rabina

Is God involved in your life and hearing voices?
Does praying, the power of prayer help when dealing with voices?
Besides our own inner strength and our faith in ourselves and others, do you draw strength and guidance from God?

B

Buddha

Yes

Is God involved in your life and hearing voices?
Does praying, the power of prayer help when dealing with voices?
Besides our own inner strength and our faith in ourselves and others, do you draw strength and guidance from God?
Yes, to all.

B

Buddha

Welcome

Welcome. Thank you for enquiring.

R

rabina

Yes to all for me also.
It's not easy, but God provides a great deal of strength, comfort and hope and I believe he is an excellent role model.
I believe that God and voice hearing are directly related in my experience anyway.
I think that God is trying to get the attention of some of us although he does work in mysterious ways.

C

corsica

Rabina - can we restart prayer thread?

Rabina,

I've just registered. Seems like intervoice forums is gone and the old posts didn't get moved over. I wish I had saved them. There were some good posts there from you+SZ.

I really liked the prayers you and SZ posted in that forum so if you find them, can you re-post them here.

And also maybe start up another prayer thread where people can post prayers for all members of the forum to read. Everyone who currently prays daily would be including in their daily prayer, a special prayer for all those in this online community afflicted by voices/visions/inner spiritual battles.

In my particular family, my mother (61) has been hearing voices/seeing visions for 4-5 years. She is of Hindu faith and the most spiritual person I know. Let's pray for God to intervene really soon and defeat this enemy.

Thanks and blessings to all.

R

rabina

I used to pray alot when i was younger to counteract my ocd or maybe that was the ocd.
Perhaps you prayed alot because it was you searching for God and God reaching out to you which is good.
God wants us to pray to him whether we're in distress or not; he doesn't want us to forget him which is often the case when we're feeling good.
Take Care...

R

rabina

Rabina,

I've just registered. Seems like intervoice forums is gone and the old posts didn't get moved over. I wish I had saved them. There were some good posts there from you+SZ.

I really liked the prayers you and SZ posted in that forum so if you find them, can you re-post them here.

And also maybe start up another prayer thread where people can post prayers for all members of the forum to read. Everyone who currently prays daily would be including in their daily prayer, a special prayer for all those in this online community afflicted by voices/visions/inner spiritual battles.

In my particular family, my mother (61) has been hearing voices/seeing visions for 4-5 years. She is of Hindu faith and the most spiritual person I know. Let's pray for God to intervene really soon and defeat this enemy.

Thanks and blessings to all.

Corsica,
So happy that you found your way here and hello to you.
I'm told that the posts and threads will be moved here very soon which I hope is the case so they shouldn't be lost forever.
You can still get to Intervoice; just type in prayer thread and click on cached. I've posted there on prayer thread in what seems to be a ghost town.
Here should be the link:
http://forum.s481.sureserver.com/sho...=5438#post5438

Anyway, you and your mother have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.
We can start another prayer thread or post to this one also; it would be a good thing I think.
Private message me if you like Corsica and all my best to you and your mother....Yes, we did have some good and interesting times at Intervoice.
Talk to you soon,
rabina

Last edited:
v01ce5

v01ce5

Rabina,

We are working on moving the posts over, more news soon!

S

skyblue

I receive messages from passed on relations. I don't receive messages from god, well,... I haven't to this point anyway.

I hear my nan talking to me, who passed away in a horrific road accident 4yrs ago. She helps me when times are bad.

I'm don't believe in god, but I do believe in a higher power. I suppose this could be the same thing.

I talk and pray to my nan and I know when she wants me to visit her grave, because she has sent me messages to go and see her as it helps to be closer to her, so that she can help me more.
But, I don't always have to be there, she does help me throughout my life wherever I am.

R

rabina

skyblue,
Thank you for sharing your story about your nan.
You must have loved her a great deal in order to have such closeness with her.
I agree that believing in a higher power is the same as believing in God.
Some have claimed to hear from God himself, but I think that most of us feel him in our minds and hearts as well as seeing him in the goodness of others.
Getting to know God; it can be done and felt too.

Returncc

Returncc

Prayer Forum

Yes, I like the Idea About the Prayer Forum Also. I take it that this web site is now about more than hearing voices, or is open to people of other mental health issues and not just voice hearing?

I also Had to Register Again, but at least they have Avatars Now...

Returncc

R

rabina

Oh Returncc,
How good it is to see your name again; it's like a re-union...
Glad you're here and hope all is well.
Yes, there's plenty here other than voice hearing as you can see.
I like your avatar too.
I still visit Intervoice through secret means and look at your last thread; Do Voices Mean The End of the World? Good thread too...
I did finally respond to that too....
God does exist and I do keep all in my thoughts and prayers too.
Take Care,
rabina
PS: Yes, we must accept ourselves and like ourselves always...

Last edited:
Returncc

Returncc

Second Posting

:oops:I tried to Edit My First Post but was Denied So I will Post this Here, it is the Second Half of My Posting Above...

God Gave me advice about how to Pray, he always says, "Be Careful What You Ask For", because he agrees with what you ask for rather than what you intend, If what you say and what you intend do not match. In other words, he may back up the literal meaning of the request rather than the unspoken or unintended meaning of the Petitioner. In this way, he encourages us to speak with Precise Meaning. He also talks about Categories of Petition that He Can Fulfil versus Petition Requests that are normally beyond his Abilities to Perform.

Rabina, How Can we Look at the Old Forum??

Returncc